Skip to content

Love from Accy

Your club, fans and manager are great.
See you in League One.

Comments

• Thanks Accyfan. Gave us a lesson yesterday. Just make sure you finish above Luton. Hopefully we can turn over Chesterfield & Stevenage and join you in division 3. (I am a tad mature)

• edited April 2018

Huge, genuine congratulations. Small club playing good football and fully deserving your glory. Whatever that Luton arse says you are the best team in the division by some distance. Hopefully see you next year for some revenge!

• The club that wouldn't die. Always liked that

Class act, good luck to them

• I was quite proud of the number of fans who stayed long enough to applaud the Accy players yesterday and the number of fans I saw approaching Accy fans after the game to congratulate them. I found it hard to get particularly Trevor about the result as Accrington really showed why they'll go up as champions.

Hats off also to one of the Accrington players who took a long walk around the pitch applauding all the Wycombe fans before making it over to the away end.

• Good luck Accy you played well and the best team always ends up on top after 46 games. So prove it and be worthy champions.

• Thoroughly worthy champions.

Illness, injuries and a couple of serious lapses in the first half were psychologically devastating for us but we’ve shown plenty of boucebackability this season and ‘twould be good to think that we’ll meet again next season.

Congratulations and thanks for your gracious comments @accyfan.

• Who knows where we’d be if our own squad had been spared injury and illness for much of the season. I’d like to think, by the fact we’re currently sitting third, we would be giving Accy a run for their money. There is more involved in doing that than just luck however and it’s a trend at Wycombe over past few seasons. So credit where it’s due, the table doesn’t lie come the end of the season.

I thought Accrington were clinical in capitalising on our mistakes and mightily impressive at the back. When we did get through they had a top ‘keeper to pull off one great and one phonominal save.

There’s no escaping how poor we were on Saturday, much like the previous weekend at Yeovil and some of the game midweek at Lincoln. Accy were the only ones to come away with three points, and four goals for good measure, so clearly they have something we and other teams around us don’t.

It show’s what’s possible with a manager who buys into and almost creates the ethos of a club, coupled with stability. Good luck to them next season, I hope we’re there with them.

• Well done you lot, you were excellent today hope to see you next year ..⚽