Skip to content

Onwards and Upwards - Chesterfield (a) attendance prediction

2»

Comments

• It's not the Wycombe way for us to win comfortably while Exeter and Notts C draw or lose.
    We'll be doing this the hard way!

• Sido and Luke “definitely fit”. As of this morning!

• The 'we'll be doing everything we can to get Bayo on the pitch' suggests that it will be a race against time, and maybe even a late fitness test, to see where he's at, and thus whether he starts, or comes on for, say, the last 20 minutes, if needed (takes me back to the start of last season when he was often used as an impact sub but made such an impact, every time, that he soon became a permanent starter).

• The spreadsheet is complied - currently in order of the prediction of our part of the crowd - because I suspect that we will find this more interesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yCateUXh9HzF7jbW0qW2BeXSYrtMlieMENHpZC9pdUU/edit?usp=sharing

Standard rules for a prize of a programme for the game to the closest prediction for the total crowd, so long as I manage to acquire two.

I make it 11 predictions so far:
    Average for total crowd - 6846
    Average for Blue Army - 1254

We're on our way .. We're on our way ..

• edited April 2018

With Chesterfield dead and buried I think a lot of their supporters will not bother to attend.

Therefore I go 5857 including 1249 Wycombe. 4-0 win.

• Difficult to predict what the turn out or atmosphere will be like from an already relegated Chesterfield.
    I'll go 6600 with 1180 from Wycombe. Wycombe to win 3-1.

• Here goes. 6450 including 1260 Wycombe. 2-1 win for Wycombe.

• Total 6310, 1170 Chairboys, 3-0 (CMS,Tyson, Kashket).

• Total 5970 with 1080 Wycombe and 1-3 win (CMS, O9 and Tyson).

• Haven't seen anything about this, but presuming we won't get too close to 1,800, is it unallocated seating there?

• Don't think anyone will sit in their allocated seats. No-one ever does. Even less likely here, seeing as the tickets were sold in two stages.

• 6208 - 1121 blues

• We've sold 1,057 in pre-sales so I'd like to think more than 64 will turn up on the day.

I'm going to say 1,201 Chairboys and a total crowd of 5,775.

• @NewburyWanderer , did think that, but my pal who got excited and booked his ticket a week ago, while i'm buying on the day was getting a bit anxious!

• 1222 from WWFC crowd 6064 1 1 draw

• 7830 with 1511 from Wycombe

• edited April 2018

Spreadsheet updated - 20 predictions so far - 9 now giving a prediction for the score
    I guess 0 - 2 (O'Nien x2)

Now in total attendance order -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yCateUXh9HzF7jbW0qW2BeXSYrtMlieMENHpZC9pdUU/edit?usp=sharing

We say
    Total crowd 6584
    Wycombe 1238

Just under 20% of the total. I think we will start singing early so any prediction posted before 14:02 counts for the token prize.

• @railwaysteve

Twizz said :-
    "Difficult to predict what the turn out or atmosphere will be like from an already relegated Chesterfield.
    I'll go 6600 with 1180 from Wycombe. Wycombe to win 3-1"

I'd hate to miss out on the chance of gasroom glory.

• An early goal to settle the nerves, and a comfy 2-0 win.
    Exeter lose 2-1 at Stevenage, and Notts County only manage a draw at Grimbsy, and we're there!

1234 chairboys savouring the moment.

• Apologies to @Twizz - your prediction now included.

• 6734 with 1177 Wycombe

• 7018 (1241 Away) 2-5

• All i can find is our support today which was 1,103.

• Match attendance was 5,679.

• @robin said:
    Match attendance was 5,679.

Over 1100 Blues I believe.

• @OxfordBlue was the winner. The only one to get within a 100 due to poor turnout by Chesterfield fans. Plaudits to him
    Everyone predicted a larger attendance than the actual one.

Joy: @Shev and @na104 were correct with the score.

Don't think I can sleep.

Some thoughts on the Wycombe crowd and maybe a Sunderland (h) attendance thread tomorrow.

• Thank you for doing this @railwaysteve, it demonstrates just how we are as a club......together!

• Just when I thought yesterday couldn’t get any better!

• So much excitement so only now the credits for predicting the away crowd at Chesterfield.

Actual number of Happy Wanderers was 1131 - the closest to this was @tewkesburychairboy with 1121.

The following eleven were all within the magic 100: @na104 (+17), @BlueBoy (+19), @DJWYC14 (+36), @NewburyWanderer (+39), @Aok84 (+46), @ValleyWanderer (-49), @Twizz (+49). @railwaysteve (+69), @OxfordBlue (+70), @robin (+75) and @MBS (+92).

Good predicting everyone.