Skip to content

Accrington (h) attendance prediction

13»

Comments

• We also need to differentiate between attendance and ticket sales, sadly the latter is now the prevalent figure quoted by clubs. I'm more interested in how many are actually there.

• edited April 2018

capacity is 10,000 so we could beat 9,625

• 9,535 is the licenced capacity ????

• 5200 is with accy included according to twitter

• Right. 6467 total. 531 from Accy. 1-1. I am however tempted fall on the default figure of 19500?

• 33 Predictions - which I can confidently say is a record number. It is obviously the chance of a Terry's badge for the game for the closest to the total attendance which has generated all the interest.

Between the 33 predictions we say at the moment - total crowd 6234 of which 402 will be there for Accrington, which would give a very cheering 5832 for us. 94% of the crowd supporting Wycombe!
    The statisticians may correct me but doubt if we have had even a 5000+ crowd where more than 90% have been our supporters in the last 10 years.

I am sure that we can create the atmosphere. Up the Blues.

I will leave for the game before midday and hope to do a final tidy of the spreadsheet before I leave. Here is a link to the current version.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l4MaBKcbj3b-YK6ghI1JhgyW3UZ94hnIUAc-tZq-x60/edit?usp=sharing

• My first time, I’m going for 6450, of which 525 Stanleys, tense 1-0 home win.

• 6188, 464 Accy, 1-0 Tyson.

• Last update done to spreadsheet. Statistical quirk which may interest people- adding the predictions for @Wig_and_Pen (welcome) and @NewburyWanderer did not alter the average prediction for our support which remains at 5832, which would be a glorious number, but may be an underestimate if the club is saying that the terrace could sell out.

Small print reminder: Last predictions to count for the prize must be posted before the fat bald man sings which is defined as 1 hour before kick off - 14:02 today.

Chairboys!

• It was 6,178 with 394 happy Accy fans.

• Well done @NewburyWanderer but 0-4.......................? Who thought that might happen?

• On a day like today sometimes it is the small things that matter.

Thanks @robin for posting the official figures two posts above.

Indeed, well predicted @NewburyWanderer, I will private message you in a moment regarding the grand prize. The prediction of 6188 was just 10 out. Honourable mentions for @Manboobs, @rmjlondon, @glasshalffull and @robin who were all within 100 of the attendance (and a very creditable attendance it was too.)

An honourable mention for all of us collectively - we collectively said 6239 and 407 for the total and away crowds, both within the magic 100.

@bigred87 was closest to predicting the away crowd with 400.

I have left the spreadsheet ordered for the calculated home support - lots of predictions were within 100 of 5784 - our actual support on the day.

I will post Chesterfield attendance predication thread today and that will provide an opportunity to move on somewhat.