Skip to content

The Opposition View - Lincoln City

Comments

• Thanks Viral. Some of my favs: "A tough Wycombe team came with a game plan to slow the game down, break the game down, and kill the game."

"I'm not criticising that at all...”

“Seems funny to be complaining about something we do every other week away from home."

Mixed views. We edge closer. hope for an Accrington hangover

Read more: http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=525776#ixzz5CykHi6gr

• Rhead looks offside for the first disallowed goal in the highlights.

• They're as deluded as any other fans on social media.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Their management and most of their fans are class tbh, compare that with the likes of Nolan and almost everyone connected with Luton and Plymouth. They genuinely believed they should have had two penalties and the ref should have clamped down on time wasting but are articulate to say that and admit they use whatever tactics they need to at times, no ranting, raving and blaming everyone. Refreshing.

Completely agree.

• On the whole the comments seem reasonable, grounded and most importantly self-aware. Teams that delude themselves into thinking they're Barcelona pretend they find direct football and gamesmanship unthinkable, until they're losing or winning respectively.

• edited April 2018

There's a new comment today on the Lincoln site which I rather like:

"It's one of those irregular verbs isn't it? We are streetwise, you timewaste, they are a cheating bunch of bastards with no respect for the spirit of the game..."