Skip to content

Comments

• At least 20.

Seriously, what a pathetic story. Made me check the date to see if it was 1st April. He sounds a decent bloke, the chairman. If he wants to buy them a Big Mac, let him.

By the by, rather surprised the BBC saw fit to illustrate the story with a big advert for McDonald's by way of the photo.

• absolutely embarrassing this has even be reported and they have had to respond to the EFL.

• Would a small portion of fish & chips be acceptable to the EFL?

• I assume the EFL are happy that EVERYTHING in their sphere of control is 100% therefore this is top priority. Good to know

• It's almost as if the Premier League, FA and EFL continuously strive to out-do each other in terms of stupid headlines, wasting money and failing supporters miserably.

• truly pathetic stuff

they should be utterly embarrassed

• I wouldnt wanna pay Bayo’s Mc Donalds bill

• I hope ranieri declared the pizza he bought his team for a clean sheet or whatever it was. Of all the things the efl should be looking at this is just ridiculous.

• Seems a poxy thing to pick up, but if it's a regular arrangement like he suggests, I can see why the rule boys are looking at it.

In a lot of workplaces you have to log all gifts, and can't receive certain things without tax connotations.

Obviously, he should have just carried on and not mentioned it, but obviously thought he'd look a good old character and how down to earth small little Accy are.

• It is a poxy effort from the EFL. I can see though, a pedant point. If this is allowed, (I have no problem with it BTW), what's to stop him putting £200 in a cash kitty in case there isn't a MacD en route. Then a player deciding that he would rather trouser the cash ? Then a knob from the EFL seeing it as an undeclared "bonus payment"?

• after every home game Stevenage have pizza from Pizza Hut opposite. The kit man collects it after games. Have they reported this to the efl?

• @WelwynWanderer , the subtle difference is that Stevenage are getting that every game, so it's merely part of their highly evolved nutrition plan.

The point with the Accrington gang is that it's a reward for a win. And if it's in effect a reward, it needs logging on bonus payments, is taxable etc.

I'm not saying it's not silly, but that's the reason.

• Its pathetic whatever u think Malone abit like your response

• Much as I like the Accrington chair I think he would have done better here to have not made it into a story. By the looks of thing the EFL made a (reasonable) discrete request for clarification on a potential issue that could stray into very murky waters about what is or isn’t acceptable. By choosing to publicise this he’s made the EFL look ridiculous (nothing new) but also opened himself up to awkward (and legitimate - if pedantic) questions beyond the narrow confines of official correspondence

• @rmjlondon said:
    Its pathetic whatever u think Malone abit like your response

Not been many bonuses in the club shop recently?

• @arnos_grove , don't quote the chap, it ruins putting the block on...this site is so much better without his tripe.

• What, the door?

• Has the investigation discovered if the Accy players received gherkins or not, that could sway the outcome?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Has the investigation discovered if the Accy players received gherkins or not, that could sway the outcome?

Certainly put them in a pickle

• Pathetic waste of space Shaun Harvey and the EFL are. Clubs under awful ownership and the ruling body are wasting time over a £4 incentive. Truly woeful.

• Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I do agree overall but.......