Skip to content

Mini revival in the Wycombe Music scene

With Wycombian rock band 'Young guns' having success both sides of the pond, it was interesting to see
that Wycombe Marsh resident Kye Gibbon's duo Gorgon City have sold out Brixton academy tonight.
Then the news of the reforming of Thee Hypnotics complete with Jim Jones undertaking a UK tour.
I dont think i shall dwell on former Hithercroft rd resident Leeanne Pinnock and Little Mix for too long though.

Comments

• I’d quite like to see Thee Hypnotics again.

• Bring back Egon and the Worms.

• @ChasHarps I assume you mean The Running Guns? With management in Penn, they are indeed successful both sides of the village pond.

• Great stuff @Baldric !

• What's Judy Boucher doing these days?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    What's Judy Boucher doing these days?

Not sure. All I know is that she can’t be with you tonight.

• Haroldjuana everytime for me please.

• Check out You Are Wolf for some excellent leftfield folk music (played on Stuart Maconie's Freakzone again last night). Kerry Andrews who records and plays under that name is a fully paid up Blues fan who's even had a few articles about following Wycombe published online.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Haroldjuana everytime for me please.

A superb band.

• Despite the sad demise of the Nags Head there are several pubs still supporting nightly live music in and around High Wycombe. Bookmark "Lemonrock.com" for a comprehensive listing of what's on. Then support it!!!

• While I cant comment on the music scene in High Wycombe, I totally agree with the wider sentiment in your final sentence, Mr W. See Shev's thread for a gig you may be interested in on the evening of the Yeovil game (assuming you are venturing down).
    Enjoy.