Skip to content

The Opposition View - Notts County

Comments

• Fair comments i guess for once we didn't get it the ref did.

• The arrogance was Nolan thinking he is some sort of star name for the ref to tick off - deluded fool.
    Oh and the twonk who thinks our nickname is a joke (unlike being named after a thieving bird!!).

• Nolan is an arrogant arsehole.

• Nolan calling the ref arrogant, whilst referring to himself in the third person is just so beautifully ironic.

The influence of Big Sam is strong in this one...

• Had the misfortune to listen to Radio Nottingham on the way home. Talk about black & white tinted specs... I thought Mark Stallard might've been neutral, but oh no.

• Perfectly fair comments from their fans. The referee simply ruined the game from minute one and both teams used it to their advantage at times. A draw was the right result.

• "For him to send me off for debating it was laughable... That's how I've seen it because he was very arrogant all day"

A proper psychologist would have a field day with this, I suspect. I can say, from sixteen years of personal experience, that it's the sort of thing one hears occasionally from twelve year olds. He'd have been put straight in no uncertain terms if he were in my class.

• @bluntphil said:
    Nolan calling the ref arrogant, whilst referring to himself in the third person is just so beautifully ironic.

The influence of Big Sam is strong in this one...

The act of referring to oneself in the third person is illeism and can be used as an expression of humility or as an ironic way to show one’s status is overvalued by others. Or because you are a cockwomble. “Why has Kevin Nolan chosen to be an illeist? Discuss”.

• I must admit when The Andy Graham Fan Club read that he did think it was a tad arrogant. Does he really think the referees go to a secret society meeting and compare who they managed to book in a Panini swap meet type event. Oooo ooo I managed to get THE Kevin Nolan.

• Derek Adams reckons he's an elusive shiny.

• Scene : The ref secret lair

Oh oh oh guess who I sent off today? Kevin Nolan!!! You know Bolton Wanderers Kevin Nolan. Newcastle Kevin Nolan. West Ham Kevin Nolan. He played twice for England under 21s.
    Any one ? Any one ?

• I found these quotes from Nolan amusing:

"If he gives a penalty and we go 1-0 up, that gets the crowd going,"

"It's a different game and Wycombe have to change their game-plan. It makes the game a lot better."

The implication is that the ref should give the home side a penalty simply to rouse the home support and make the game better (whatever better means in this case).

• @Jonny_King said:
    Derek Adams reckons he's an elusive shiny.

Brilliant!

• Just when we thought Kewell had put in the worst post game comments of the season, Nolan quickly throws his hat in the ring.

The obligatory back handed "came with a game plan" is in there. It smacks of team who think they are big shots thinking that the relative "little team" should turn up just honoured to be at such a fine team's ground.

As for the 3rd person nonsense, and considering himself some sort of huge name, that beggars belief.
    "I almost got into an England squad at a time of the lowest ever quality, don't you know"

• On a wider note Kewell, Nolan, Campbell, Bellamy etc are the first of the entitled generation from the wealthy Premiership. And their arrogance is staggering. I’m guessing we will see these World Class Talents only get employment within the academy systems as they won’t want to dirty their hands in the lower leagues for too long.

• DrCongo thinks Kevin Nolan is a bellend.

• @Manboobs said:
    The act of referring to oneself in the third person is illeism and can be used as an expression of humility or as an ironic way to show one’s status is overvalued by others. Or because you are a cockwomble. “Why has Kevin Nolan chosen to be an illeist? Discuss”.

And there was me thinking a “cockwomble” was an MK Dons supporter! But it does suit Nolan. You can be kicking every ball with your team AND disagree with the refs decision but do it in an adult manner and don’t make an utter tit and look like the spoilt 12 year old who hasn’t got his own way and throws a tantrum.

Apart from that great game, super support and the team were fantastic. I also like going to Notts county, nice ground and generally all the home fans I’ve ever spoken to seem to be decent people. COYB

• This piece about Kevin Davies shows a nice contrast to the likes of Nolan and Campbell: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43554905

• That was a good read. Thanks for sharing, @Uncle_T.

• @Uncle_T said:
    This piece about Kevin Davies shows a nice contrast to the likes of Nolan and Campbell: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43554905

How refreshing. Sounds like he made a real effort to be taken seriously as someone who wants to manage, as opposed to those other two clowns who seem to think they can just waltz into any club they like without any experience whatsoever, just because they were good players once upon a time.

I've had a quiet respect for Kevin Davies ever since he played for Preston at AP in the FA Cup a few years ago. The Valley End were singing 'If Davies played for England so could I'... until he scored a screamer from about 40 yards! That soon shut them up.

• Great read. Thanks @Uncle_T.

• Kevin Nolan says Kevin Nolan isn't cooking pasta for anyone! (You end up admiring players like Davies who obviously love football and being involved whereas you just think players like mr Campbell are up their own arses. )

• Watch out @Wendoverman; there may be a Croider about.

• Are you suggesting @Croider is Kevin Nolan?

• For all I know he might be. One never knows, do one.

• The Kevin Nolan.

• That same.

• I’ve never got on with Kevin Nolan.