Skip to content

Grimsby (h) attendance prediction

2»

Comments

• 4800 with 450 from Grimsby. 3 - 2.

• @Twizz said:
    micra. I didn't say they were Grimsby fans, merely travelling from Grimsby.

"Wycombe, you're only here for the Wycombe"

I think your 270 will be difficult to authenticate in that case @Twizz !

• Is the book closed @railwaysteve ? Several of us posted our predictions around the time you posted your updated spreadsheet. This has become quite a serious and eagerly awaited thread!

• Small print says, the book is not closed until the fat bald man sings - defined as 60 minutes before the game starts.
    I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow before I leave for the game at around midday but any prediction posted on here before 14:05 will count as eligible for the prize.

Anyone who has made a prediction which does not appear on the spreadsheet please treat this omission as my human error and post or message me.
    Adding a score prediction for added kudos if it proved correct is allowed up unto kick off at 15:05.

Thank you for taking it so seriously @micra.

• Yes, the 'rules' are certainly stiffening up. No doubt only a matter of time before there are calls for VAR here! ;-)

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Yes, the 'rules' are certainly stiffening up. No doubt only a matter of time before there are calls for VAR here! ;-)

Plus a committee to consider any appeals on decisions and to adjudicate on discliplinary matters.

• edited April 2018

Ha @mooneyman & @ValleyWanderer - I can see the rhetoric already - "owned by the fans" - "lowest budget thread on the gasroom" - "we need to take it one game at a time"

Any franchise attendance prediction thread next year will require pages of rules.

• 5098 with 295 visitors ~ 0-0

• The spreadsheet manager is tactically naive and makes adjustments to the formulas too late. Railwaysteve out!

• 5147 378 fisherman's friends and a nervy 1-0 blues win......

• Official attendance is 5,215 with 377 Grimsby.

• Nearly 5,000 Blues fans. Superb stuff.

• One out on the travelling fans not bad big boy

• An excellent attendance

• Moral victory to @Ozzie_the_Relaxed IMHO.

• Great support today. Had positive effect on players and the ref I thought.

• Well that was exciting - not long arrived home.

@wycombelad is the winner of the prize - only 15 under the actual total of 5215.
    Those within a 100 were @Will_i_ams (19 over with 5238); @bigred87 and @ValleyWanderer were a few more than that under.

Our average predictions for the total were about 5% under the actual.
    We actually had 4838 Wycombe fans in Adams Park today (assuming we converted any neutrals during the game) which was impressive considering the weather and our recent home record.
    @floyd was the closest with 4849. @HomerLone was also close with 4820 home fans.

@bigred87 also receives plaudits for predicting only one over the actual number of Mariners.

Will the attendance top 6000 for either of the last two home games? I will start both the Yeovil away thread and the Accrington home thread early on during this week.

• I get about as close as I get to winning the 50/50

• I got exactly as close as I do with the 50/50 in that I didn't even get the first digit right.

• Thanks @ValleyWanderer I feel the moral high ground. A good but nervy win.

• 2 out on Grimsby fans but none of my figures on spreadsheet; I’m mortified.