Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

13»

Comments

• Best away atmos since WHL for me. Worried about the walking wounded and lack of cover though. I think we're lucky that we have out-of-form opposition on Monday, then almost 2 weeks rest before the 'final 5'.

• edited March 2018

I’ll add to the praise for El Abd, simply because I don’t think enough can be given. Absolutely magnificent performance.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Best away atmos since WHL for me. Worried about the walking wounded and lack of cover though. I think we're lucky that we have out-of-form opposition on Monday, then almost 2 weeks rest before the 'final 5'.

Beat Grimsby with whoever can play and I’m confident GA and the staff will manage this down time well. Big away support and result at Yeovil and we will be very well placed indeed with hopefully the wounded recovered and Lincoln having won a cup, slipped from playoff contention and thinking about their holidays. In other words I’m predicting we will win our next three! And then Stanley who will be up, Chesterfield who will be down and Stevenage who will be on the beach. It’s set up very nicely for us indeed if we can win the next two.

• edited March 2018

It was a day when that ref was buying anything. I just wish he had come to my door when selling my crappiest car, I would have been laughing all the way to the bank!!!

I have to balance that refereeing performance by stating that Brown deserved his yellow. I've never in 50+ years of watching all levels of football, seen a goalkeeper warned about time wasting inside three minutes! Surely must be a record?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    It was a day when that ref was buying anything. I just wish he had come to my door when selling my crappiest car, I would have been laughing all the way to the bank!!!

I have to balance that refereeing performance by stating that Brown deserved his yellow. I've never in 50+ years of watching all levels of football, seen a goalkeeper warned about time wasting inside three minutes! Surely must be a record?

Brownie is becoming the Rafael Nadal of keeping. He seems to have developed a long ritual before he takes a goal kick that yesterday had added a crotch grab. I had assumed it was all about buying Bayo a few minutes rest across the course of a game but I’m wondering if it’s just Brownie.

• One of the all time great central defensive performances from Adam Al Abb, up there with Anton Vircavs 10 men display v Slough. And any of Steven Taylors.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Having watched the highlights and the actions of Kevin Nolan i'm even more glad we have GA to led us through the business end of the season.

• Who's this 90 year old then?

• Who is taking a 3 year old on a 280mile round trip as well?!

• @Malone said:
    Who is taking a 3 year old on a 280mile round trip as well?!

Mistaken identity for Kevin Nolan I guess.

• Funnily enough the chap at the end of our row was heading towards his 90s and we had a 3-4 year old in front of us...

• Just looking at the highlights again, it would have been a travesty if they'd scored with that late chance at the back post. Their player climbed all over JJ as the cross came in. Worth a look if you've not seen it, to see the completeness of the foul!

• Where was the angry fat bald chap?

• I can't find Gareths post Notts County match interview on Follow. Anyone got a clue as to where else it may be?