Skip to content

Port Vale Preview

2»

Comments

• Good luck to everyone this weekend. Hopefully great pleasure will be taken by all and no hearts will be in mouths during eight minutes of extra time. Our players will fall at the slightest touch, the referee will give us everything and a lump who should not be playing football will get a hat trick! Fingers crossed. COYB!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I really don't mind which of our unbelievable front 6 are playing, as they all produce a result and are great to watch. Aside from the team discussion........my other half is asking if Robbie Williams will be there! I asked her what position he plays in but only got a cool look in return.

• I'd like to see us go with an attacking line up as follows one week, once we are certain of promotion:-
    Brown
    Freeman, Bloomfield, ONien, Gape, Tyson
    PCH, CMS, Williams
    Kashket, Bayo

• @Twizz : Is that a 432 or a 234?

• Whoops. Just noticed Brown (though not much point playing him).

• 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 with Freeman and Tyson as the wingbacks but rotating with PCH and CMS. I actually think the players would have the work rate to make it possible, and wouldn't it be fun to watch? We might lack a certain amount of height at the back though.

• So no Robbie Williams then:-)

• It was good to meet you today @Micra. Pity about the game being so dire. 500 Club bash was ok though.

• And you @ValleyWanderer. The game was disappointing for several reasons, not least the tetchiness of the opposition and some surprising decisions by the referee. No doubt Luke O’Nien was missed but I thought Curtis Thompson played well until he got injured.
    My guest and I enjoyed the supper. Michael Harriman and his wife were very pleasant company.