Skip to content

Westley out - Martin Allen appointed

Barnet replace Westley with..... yes, Martin Allen again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5516277/Martin-Allen-named-manager-League-Two-Barnet-FIFTH-time.html

Stevenage also sack Sarll, opening up the possibility of Westley going back there.

Comments

• Allen again! How many times does he have to walk out on them for this to happen!

• Be great if Allen could work a bit of magic from the off, starting with their game at Luton on Saturday.

• Utterly insane. Hope it helps them get. Result again Luton though.

• Just realised the Luton-Barnet game is live on telly with a 5.15pm kick off. A packed Vere Suite cheering on the Bees to victory after we've demolished Vale would be a wonderful thing.

• You really couldn't make it up. I'd love to see Barnet stay up but the writing is really on the wall with their managerial appointments in the last two years.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Just realised the Luton-Barnet game is live on telly with a 5.15pm kick off. A packed Vere Suite cheering on the Bees to victory after we've demolished Vale would be a wonderful thing.

As far as I know, the Caledonian (Vere) Suite will not be available after the game on Saturday as the 500 Club supper is being held there. Should be quite an atmosphere!

• edited March 2018

With Luton playing at 5:15 we have an opportunity to be above them by the time they kick-off if we pick up maximum points against Crawley and Port Vale.

• edited March 2018

Does that men that Luton could drop out when we play county?

• I suppose Sol was having his Grimsby interview. He must be kicking himself.

• Is Allen just seen as a local stand in when they get desperate?
    He must have walked out on them at least three times for better jobs.

• It’s his fifth spell. Someone suggested to me that they should appoint him for life.

• The Centre Spot will be rammed even more if the Vere is closed

• Very frank piece by Kleanthous: https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/march/four-managerial-changes-in-one-season.tony-kleanthous-speaks-to-the-fans/

Interesting that Barry Fry recommended Westley. On this day in 2014 Martin Allen was appointed Head Coach at...Barnet. Spooky.

• I wonder if it was that less than inspiring line about being scared to play Luton right now and suggesting a battering was likely that clinched his sacking!

Hopefully Barnet get the obligatory instant lift a new manager can bring. Just to further screw Luton up.

• @Steve_Peart That is a good read. Refreshingly honest.

• Indeed. The road to hell and all that. But full marks for frankness: a certain honest commitment seems to shine through.

• Unless Stevenage replace Darren Sarll quite quickly (their former manager is now available of course), there obligatory

• Unless Stevenage replace Darren Sarll quite quickly (their former manager is now available of course), their obligatory instant lift might come home to haunt us on 5 May. But I assume they will act swiftly to replace him.

• I still can’t edit.

• hopefully by the time we meet Stevenage all the ducks will already be in a row for us and their bounce will still end up with us having a party.

• Stevenage have plumped for former player Dino Maamria as their new boss. Maybe Westley can take Maamria’s place at Nuneaton Town - seems more his level.

Maamria’s playing career includes this ‘tackle’...

• How the bloody hell is that only a yellow? Incredible scenes.
    But then Cousins's flying karate kick was only a second yellow too. Insane!

The cheek of moaning at an absolutely nothing incident 5secs before just makes it worse.

• Their Chairman must be seriously bankrolling the club with that number of players and the level of attendances. Westley wouldn't have come cheap either.

• I think it demonstrates the advantages of having a chair like Howard who isn’t a natural fan

• Which we don't have......

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    Stevenage have plumped for former player Dino Maamria as their new boss. Maybe Westley can take Maamria’s place at Nuneaton Town - seems more his level.

Maamria’s playing career includes this ‘tackle’...

Shouldn't really laugh, but....

• That video of Martin Allen addressing the fans is compelling viewing. He is clearly bemused by the sheer number of surplus players at the club, but his affection for the club is evident and is clearly distraught at its plight. When he looks you in the eye and says we will win games, you believe him, I was gripped by the end. Good luck to him, he can pull this off, his players will run through brick walls.

• Good luck to them, I really hope they do it.

• I support more @Steve_Peart contributions