Skip to content

Coventry Match Report

With thanks to Benny, who was lucky enough to report on both Coventry games this season...

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=522909

Comments

• Much more entertaining than the match and I am considerably warmer. Disagree a bit with scores for scarr, bayo and Tyson though. (Or scarf, bantu and tiling according to my predictive text!)

• I do wonder whether Gareth Ainsworth will reflect on his decision to let the players have the week off before Morecambe and perhaps conclude it wasn't very sensible. Given we always slump at the end of the season I understand the thinking behind it - let's refresh the players so they're ready for a difficult run in, prevent the problems of exhaustion setting in in the final weeks. But on reflection, the sluggish performances subsequently might suggest the break was not helpful for an until now finely-tuned squad; it may have even allowed a sense of complacency among the players to creep in. It's easy to say that in hindsight and it was probably a good idea to try - but given the subsequent loss of six points I doubt Gareth will repeat the experiment next season.

• post hoc ergo propter hoc

• Ooh you’ve gone all West Wing on us. @eric_plant !

• For those interested, a logical fallacy.

• Probably reasonable to bring up how Gareth might assess the pros and cons in considering whether to do something similar another time, though.

• I doubt the decision to give the players a week would have been made by Gareth without consulting with his "trusted team" ? Dobbo, Dave Waites, the physio, nutritionist etc, would all have had a contribution in the decision making I would guess.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I doubt the decision to give the players a week would have been made by Gareth without consulting with his "trusted team" ? Dobbo, Dave Waites, the physio, nutritionist etc, would all have had a contribution in the decision making I would guess.

You've forgotten the main man in his "trusted team" namely Richie.

• I’m sure I heard Gareth tell Phil on 3CR that they hadn’t changed anything and trained as normal during the week.

• @mooneyman said:
    You've forgotten the main man in his "trusted team" namely Richie.

How stupid of me! Maybe Richie was hiding out in Ledbury/Brecon Beacons on an SAS training day at the time?

• what a load of shite, every thread goes the same way. sad mofo's

• @rmjlondon said:
    what a load of shite, every thread goes the same way. sad mofo's

You do have a sense of humour, surely?

• @rmjlondon said:

Were you bunking off school when the teachers went through how to use capital letters and correct punctuation?

• @rmjlondon said:

richie clearly don't see the irony of his comment.

• @Twizz said:
    rmjlondon said:

richie clearly don't see the irony of his comment.

I was thinking exactly the same when I read it as well. LMAO!

• edited March 2018

Take care everyone, he may not be able to spell or have a sense of humour, but he loves Luton, knows everything about referees, is usually quite angry, and he while he has a hole in his bottom, he can abseil down the front of your house and kill you with his bare hands. Get a life you sad mofos.

• This is normally the time someone mentions banning this forum pox, and a couple of posters come out of the woodwork inexplicably defending him.

• I’m no longer up for the challenge.

• Nah, he is probably the most quoted/ talked about/ mentioned poster on here people love to hate. I think it was Righty who said the Gastoom would be a poorer place without him. Gasroom legend?!

• edited March 2018

@rmjlondon said:
    Yay !!

Probably more like Stalin, Mao or good old Trump are legends! ;-)

• Certainly wasn't me @NorsQuarters . I hate the fact someone has signed in multiple user names to troll and then answer themselves. It adds in small doses but recently it has been too much.

• He's an amusing and sad troll in equal amounts. But every now and then he has to resort to posting something very nasty. 35 going on 12.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I’m pretty sure that doesn’t happen (very often at least.)

• @Chris are you saying he sometimes gets on his own nerves and ignores himself?