Skip to content

Adams Park League Opponents

WWFC twitter tells us that Coventry tonight will be the 88th different league opponents at Adams park.

quite impressive I thought. So I thought I would have a go at listing them and I think I have come up with a fair few more than that.

Anybody have a complete list?

Comments

• I’m afraid, for me at least, this is another thread where I can’t be arsed. (Sorry if that’s a bit too rude for you @Croider .)

• Thanks for letting me know Micra

• @DevC said:
    Thanks for letting me know Micra

I thought you would have produced a comprehensive list by now "Mr Wycombe"!

• My "comprehensive" list currently has 103 names on it - 83 in the FL and 20 in the conference. Which means that the possibilities seem to be
    1) I have included some wrongly (if club meant all league games)
    2) I have missed some (if club meant just FL)
    3) club have their figures wrong
    or indeed a combination of the above.

• @micra said:
    I’m afraid, for me at least, this is another thread where I can’t be arsed. (Sorry if that’s a bit too rude for you Croider .)

POTD

• I must admit I am with @micra on this one. Football I like. Pointless counting less so. How many blades of grass does the average league two footballer run over in his career.

• I am the opposite. I like trivia. Ultimately irrelevant to be sure but I always find it fascinating nonetheless. in under 30 years over 100 (by my reckoning) different teams have played league games at AP, I find that quite interesting, sad as it may well sound to others. Each to their own I guess.

• Rushden and Diamonds?

• Diamonds are forever. Not sure about Rushden.

• That's one Chris. I make it 102 to go!

• Diamonds are a girl's best friend, so I am told by the good lady.

• Wow I am impressed. Hope you don't mind me asking but is the missus Carole Channing, Marilyn Monroe (commiserations for your loss), Geri Halliwell or Nicole Kidman?

• edited February 2018

@DevC said:
    Wow I am impressed. Hope you don't mind me asking but is the missus Carole Channing, Marilyn Monroe (commiserations for your loss), Geri Halliwell or Nicole Kidman?

She doesn't like travelling on trains on her own, especially in the west country!

• @micra said:
    I’m afraid, for me at least, this is another thread where I can’t be arsed. (Sorry if that’s a bit too rude for you Croider .)

If it doesn't interest you then don't comment on it you self-centered goon.

• So you’ve nothing relevant or remotely interesting to say on this fascinating topic @Croider. With your evident perspicacity and way with words I have to say I’m a little surprised.

• Bit rich Micra - telling croider he has nothing relevant or remotely interesting to say on the topic, when you don’t either.

And I guess I have fallen into that trap as well.

• Can I join in this "this thread is pointless" stuff, having pointlessly made the post within the thread I could just have trotted on by too?

• What about having an annual award for the most pointless post of the year?

• It'd take way too long to judge!

• Let's say 45 Gasroom posters post on average 4.7 posts per day and 25% of those posts are pointless, but the club reduces the price of posting by £2, will the increase in pointless posts really offset the tedium of the same number of posters posting the same number of pointless posts, and will the lovely young lady on the train opposite me spurn my manly advances?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Let's say 45 Gasroom posters post on average 4.7 posts per day and 25% of those posts are pointless, but the club reduces the price of posting by £2, will the increase in pointless posts really offset the tedium of the same number of posters posting the same number of pointless posts, and will the lovely young lady on the train opposite me spurn my manly advances?

How many seas can a DevC see if a DevC can see seas?

• Seven?

• He's only counted 6 so far.

• Seventh one is on the Rye.

• I thought the seventh one was in heaven.

• I am going to say this thread is wonderful, just to be contrary.