Skip to content

Under-soil heating

LX1LX1
edited February 2018 in Football

Is this still operational at AP? I presume it will be needed for Tuesday night.

Comments

• There will be too much snow up Hillbottom Road!

• It’s been on the past few days, according to somebody I consider to be a reliable source anyway.

• Having just seen the forecast for the coming week Tuesday is looking likely for heavy snow. Whilst the pitch may be playable if it’s likely to be hazardous to travel I hope a postponement is considered and announced in good time.

• BBC online weather forecast for High Wycombe suggests there won't be much snow in High Wycombe if any, but certainly cold.

• So too with Weather Underground (my preferred weather site: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/gb/hughenden/INAPHILL2?cm_ven=localwx_10day) but you never know. Fingers crossed.

• I’d not heard of Weather Underground but I put a lot of faith in another IBM company - The Weather Channel.
    Weather Underground certainly provides a wealth of information and I was interested to see the large number of truly local temperature reports! The substantial disparity between them and the spurious accuracy of temperature readings to the nearest decimal point suggested that there are probably some incorrectly sited or inaccurate thermometers out there. (I have one of those myself, fixed to the outside of the shed door. It’s always in the shade but should be in a white, wooden, louvred box, known as a Stevenson screen, on a stand about 5 feet above ground.). It’s good enough for me and currently reads 0 degrees C (32 deg F in the old money). I can see a snow shower a few miles to the north.

My own favoured Apps are the aforementioned The Weather Channel and the recently improved BBC Weather.

Good luck to all you brave souls who venture out tomorrow evening.

• With very cold weather forecast and likely reduction of crowd as a result coupled with a player or two who could do with a rest, would it be disastrous if the undersoil heating developed a fault and the game sadly postponed as a result?

• That would be good @DevC.

• The club have said on Twitter " The undersoil heating is on and we envisage no problems"

• @DevC said:
    With very cold weather forecast and likely reduction of crowd as a result coupled with a player or two who could do with a rest, would it be disastrous if the undersoil heating developed a fault and the game sadly postponed as a result?

No time like the present. They played 75+ minutes with 10 men against Mansfield. Hit them whilst they are knackered.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    No time like the present. They played 75+ minutes with 10 men against Mansfield. Hit them whilst they are knackered.

Good point, especially as we only played 25 minutes on Saturday.

• Great for those fans who never go to matches @DevC. Not great for those who travel down from the north to support their club

• Snowing in Aylesbury now...no indicator I know...