Skip to content

Attendance prediction for the Morecambe game

Comments

• 4287 4 - 1 Wycombe

• Only 50% are pointless.
    Actually, this is pointless isn't it? ;-)

• 4755 with 245 away fans, 3-1 to the Blues

• 5,119 with 91 Shripers

• 4,444, 125 away, 1-1 (banana skin alert)

• 5,222 with 127 from Morecambe witness a 2-1 home win. Goals from Jacobson and Tyson seal the points for the Blues with Morecambe's goal coming from a corner.

• I predict over 200000 thus breaking the world record set at the1950 World Cup with a White Horse called Billy clearing the crowd from the pitch

• @Mr67 said:
    I predict over 200000 thus breaking the world record set at the1950 World Cup with a White Horse called Billy clearing the crowd from the pitch

So an official gate of 7200 then!

• @Mr67 but how many shrimpers? @bookertease official gate of 220000 surely? Season ticket holders counted even if they weren't there?

• Almost certainly no Shrimpers @Wendoverman

Morecambe = Shrimps

Southend = Shrimpers

• Thanks @Vital decapod crustacean confusion has always been a problem for me. Now if one of them was the Water Boatmen this would never have happened...

• Maybe Morecambe could change their nickname to The ones that don't have short fat hairy legs catchy and easy to chant

• Maybe @Mr67 could do a Lord Lucan or, better still, a Reginald Perrin.

• 5200 Wycombe, 85 Away and 3-1.

• edited February 2018

We have 21 predictions before that of @ValleyWanderer and with the help of the technical brilliance of a member of the family who is not me they have been rendered into a format which we can all look at. So that we can all estimate the chances of prize winning they are now posted in a spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZwsS2A26-VUd4V0aO7IAGm3xdIFScXnFh9CwqLA3NEM/edit?ts=5a8ec5c8#gid=0

Our average attendance at home this season so far is 4388. The gasroom's average prediction for the Morecambe total crowd to date is 4730. Perhaps the average is slightly skewed by the optimism of @wycombelad regarding the attractive quality of our highly desirable programmes.

I will update Saturday morning.

• I thought there would be a substantially greater take-up of “mates rates” tickets than the number suggested by figures I saw (can’t recall where) on Monday. Against that, my own enquiry earlier on Monday about availability of seats in the area of the Woodland where I sit seemed to suggest that far more tickets had been sold than the published figure. Of course that could be people wanting to take advantage of the fact that I pass round a large bag of sweets when Wycombe score.
    Because so many goals have been scored very early or very late and at other times when we’ve been least expecting it, I have often forgotten to pass them round this season. Might also have something to do with failing memory of course.

• I’ll be adding to the figure later @micra. I’m never recognised as a ST holder by the clunky old online system, so have to phone up.

• 4950 (139) 2-1

• Is it too late for me to change my mind and have another go please?

• I didn't predict a score so i'll go 1-0.

• I didn't predict a score either so will go 2-2.

• 4873 total with 102 away fans

• 4500, 73 away fans, a horrible game, and for once getting the better of them at home with a 1-0.

• 4695, 91 away fans. I'd love winning a horrible game 1-0 but fear their hoodoo over us will strike again. 0-1

• I think we will win a delightful game of flowing football myself.

• Wouldn't it be nice to have a relaxing game, where we play good football, score a few goals, not let many in and not have to worry where the defibrillator is five minutes from the end

• @bookertease a 6-5 would do me. It's going to be cold you know.

• @Wendoverman said:
    bookertease a 6-5 would do me. It's going to be cold you know.

Temperature rises 5 degrees for every goal scored without reply. If my earlier comes good I’ll be down to t-shirt and shorts.

• @Manboobs I may have to revise down to a 1-0 late in the game then.

• 5004 (116 away) 4-1