Skip to content

Dodgy away kit

edited February 2018 in Football

This weeks and probably the seasons dodgy kit prize goes to Notts County at Newport for the fetching Black and White striped shirts with matching yellow shorts and socks ensemble . Looks like a Sunday pub team. Recommend 10 points deduction .

Comments

• TBF I think they have a splash of yellow on their scarves & possibly the yellow is their tie in history with Juventus? I expect that's how they may justify it.

• I'm not sure Wycombe fans are in a position to cast the first stone when it comes to dodgy kits!

• Not a good look though

• I reckon it was a mix up...There is a bit of yellow in the usual kit but normal yellow not that lurid version. Looked like home shirts with the away shorts and socks. Kit man on the port.

• Baz Richardson got a job with County as GK coach/kit man? Local to him. Would explain it

• He’s gone to Hull.

• I don't know about dodgy kit but County's form is certainly decidedly dodgy. Lost again tonight. Could they even slip out of the play-offs, having looked for much of the season as though they were Luton's only realistic contenders for the title?

• edited February 2018

Great that County lost.

Sadly Exeter won 2-1 tonight with goals in the 92nd and 95th minute at Crewe.

• Especially when Crewe looked to have taken all 3 points with an 88th minute "winner".

I cannot even imagine how Artell took this latest setback.

• BBC stats show County had only 3 shots, with none on target, from a team including Stead, Ameobi and Jorge Grant. Sounds like they are well out of sorts at the moment.

• Let’s hope their poor form continues at least until Easter!

• @Vital said:
    Great that County lost.

Sadly Exeter won 2-1 tonight with goals in the 92nd and 95th minute at Crewe.

You couldn’t make it up.

• @micra said:
    You couldn’t make it up.

Unless they were down to 10 men it barely registers really

• Quite. I mean, both the guys that scored have scored before - this season. Pretty run of the mill, sounds to me.

• Artell must surely be wondering how many points his side have lost shipping goals around the 90 minute mark? That's 4 that I know of, would would suggest a lack of mental and/or physical fitness. May highlight how thorough GA is in maximising every aspect of the game. I believe we have scored quite a few goals, gaining many points with 85-96 minute winners/equalisers. Happy days.

• Sometimes it’s just luck, rather than an indicator of anything specific that they could do differently.

• Careful @Chris . Don’t get Dev revved up!

• Artell wasn't happy, I think it's fair to say:

"Afterwards, manager Artell said: "I’m disgusted really. We worked hard, probably deserved to win the game, and five minutes of madness have cost us not just one point but three.

“The change in mindset from scoring goal, rather than a positive one it becomes ‘panic stations’. They had one chance all game, in 89 minutes. Then we served up three in six.

“That’s nothing to do with Exeter, it was just panic. It was a lack of professionalism that has given the game. It’s embarrassing.

“It was like the parting of the Red Sea. That’s not proper defending. For all our good defending and all our hard work, because we were the better team for me over 90 minutes, we let ourselves down.

“That sums us up. Played well, better team, in the lead, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That’s been us over the course of the season.

“I’ve had to say it too many times, and it is unacceptable. You can’t legislate for that. We should be stood her with another three points, instead we are frustrated as hell.

“We’ve been here before, and it doesn’t help. You can’t keep shooting yourself in the foot and that’s what we did. We failed terribly.”

• I have always believed teams take on a lot of the personality of the manager. With Artell's interview above and general demeanour it's not really surprising Crewe seem to have 'five minutes of madness' and 'panic'. The bloke simply generates it himself and until he sees it we'll continue to be able to laugh at him passing the blame on.

For what it is worth though I don't think the Crewe side is that fit and it was very evident in both games we played against them.

• good point that Righty, and one which gives me some confidence that we can successfully overhaul Luton by the end of the season

Nathan Jones is psychologically ill equipped to cope when the pressure comes on, and I'm convinced that transmits to the players

• Agreed @eric_plant and I'd say the same is a possibility at Mansfield too.

• @eric_plant @Right_in_the_Middle much as I would love it, not so sure about Mr Jones cracking up. Having said that, wouldn't it be great if we could sneakily nick the title?Amazing that at the start of the season it was Luton, County and whoever sneaks in third. Now Luton only five points ahead.

• I'm not sure, he seems very mentally fragile to me. We'll see

I think he might crumble when the pressure comes on in the final straight

We, on the other hand, management and players alike, exude a real aura of calm. Experienced pros who have seen it all before. To the extent that there is not a hint a desperation or panic even if we are trailing or drawing heading towards the end of the game.

They have been there and done it before, and they know what needs to be done. The pressure is all on Luton, in my opinion. They haven't been able to cope with it before, and I'm not sure they'll be able to cope with it again

• @eric_plant Here's hoping richie's boys choke. But you know God is on Nathan's side? Mr Jones has included God-willing and Praise the Lord in his post-match interviews a couple of times now...

• yet more evidence of mental fragility

• Interesting last couple of comments above, given that a number of Wycombe players regularly thank and praise God or Jah and openly profess their religious faith via their Twitter feeds.

• We obviously all move in mysterious ways @Uncle_T

• Agree @eric_plant - feel it’s inevitable that we will lose a couple of games before the end of the season. Where WWFC has an advantage over the other clubs is the demeanour / mantra GA has been portraying / preaching all his time here “never too high when we win, never too low when we lose”. Coupled with his experience and that of the senior players, I think we have enough to see us over any blips without falling apart – not sure too many of the chasing pack have that.

• God bless Ainsworth