Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

2»

Comments

• Probably only a matter of time before he goes back there considering his family comments

• Higher money, willingness to go there, family connections, 10 years previous service, loves the area, pretty strong commentary.

However, he did say he was more than happy to stay with us, and he certainly looked pleased upon the final whistle.

• Strange Beano was dropped. Suppose he hasn't scored for a while!

• Superb performance, got to the game in time from work, got parked in a side street, got in he away end. Happy man tonight and proud, Cowan Hall improves every game, confidence player. On a side note as I was walking to my car I witmessed scenes reminiscent of Gary Oldman film the firmost, gangs of youths storming through the streets after each other, does anyone know what was going on?
    Promotion is on

• I know Cheltenham looks nice but believe me there are some really dodgy estates I’ve never been told to F off as much as there when I’ve worked the area.

• When Scott Flinders was named in Cheltenham's starting XI was this result ever in doubt? Nine games against us, eight defeats now and one draw.

• Matt Cecil mentioned on the commentary that he has been nicknamed Butter Flinders in the past. Made me chuckle.

• @drcongo said:
    Matt Cecil mentioned on the commentary that he has been nicknamed Butter Flinders in the past. Made me chuckle.

The crowd around me called him "Flappy Finders" which amused me.

• Side note.....my sat nav brought me off the a40 6miles away from Cheltenham and up through the hills ........what a beautiful place the views were stunning!!! Did anyone else go that way?

• @bigred87 said:
    Side note.....my sat nav brought me off the a40 6miles away from Cheltenham and up through the hills ........what a beautiful place the views were stunning!!! Did anyone else go that way?

Yes through Whittington, beautiful and popped out v close to the ground with easy parking. Used the WAZE app, great for bad traffic, will def use on Saturday for Morecambe vis Handy Cross mess.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    When Scott Flinders was named in Cheltenham's starting XI was this result ever in doubt? Nine games against us, eight defeats now and one draw.

In fact, "Butter" has faced us 12 times in the league, for Hartlepool, York and Cheltenham: We've won 9 and drawn 3. He's conceded 28 goals (about 2% of all the goals we've scored in the football league)... so Saturday was an improvement on his average!