Skip to content

Attendance prediction for Cheltenham Game

edited February 2018 in Football

The excitement of just deciding to go has resulted in me starting this thread.

Small print: No prizes other than acclamation
- however I am saving a spare Exeter programme for a Morecambe attendance prediction thread

So from myself

4235 including a fabulous 1050 Away. For the score I would like to suggest 2 -3.

Comments

• edited February 2018

3876 3-4, our last-minute (obviously) winner coming after a blatant but unpunished push on one of their players wins us possession.

• 3574 (846 away). 2-1 win (Bayo, Gape).

• 4210, away following 1300, 3.2 to us, bean 9th minute header

• Did we get 800 for a midweek last year?

Let's go 900 away fans then, push the boat out

• 3,655 (897 away fans). 3-1 to Wycombe.

• 3,720 including 928 from Wycombe

• 3567 (900 away fans) 2-2

• 3750 (987 blues) 1-3 Tyson,pch and bayo

• 3879 (876 chairboys) 3-5 to us.

• 3460, 888 from Wycombe.

• 3762 (762 fabulous chairboys ) first clean sheet of the year we will win 2 0 PCH ,Bayo. Brown yellow card. JJ to assist Bayo goal. CMS to assist PCH

• 3373 with 724 from the chair metropolis and 1 from planet Richie.

• 3,875 watching us win 3-2.

• 3400 1 -0 late beano goal after 35 shots on target from the chairboys

• A quarter of those present supporting the mighty Blues.

• 3618 with 721 from Wycombe and/or Ledbury. 1-1 Brown & Brown (OG)

• what a pointless thread.

• Commenting on how pointless a thread you find pointless is, is kind of pointless.

• @rmjlondon said:
    what a pointless thread.

What a pointless post

• What a pointless thread predicting the Cheltenham attendance/result, when Richie can just tell us what these will be with his insider knowledge in the SAS club shop from 1,450 miles away and being 3.5 years old.

• Luton aren't playing today so it's a bit of a pointless day for Richie.

• @micra said:
    A quarter of those present supporting the mighty Blues.

Well it was only 24% but not a bad guess.

• Who won? @braywanderer ? All gone quiet over here! :-)

• The attendance was 3513 with 857 wonderful Chairboys and Chairgirls according to the Cheltenham match report on their website.

I make the plaudits for the winner due to @Shev , who was closest - only 53 short of the actual total with 3460, it was very very close though (in typical Wycombe fashion) with @mooneyman with 3567 - 54 more that the actual total.

@mooneyman was within 43 for the number of Wycombe fans and @Shev was closer, predicting 888 which is 31 more than actual total, but credit to @NewburyWanderer who was within 11 of the correct number of away fans - predicting 846.

@rmjlondon gets a mention for being a statistical anomaly: in that he totaly failed to make any sort of a prediction - it is perhaps interesting that his attitude whilst posting on the thread seemed to be based solely on an interest in his own behaviour rather than other peoples. Strange.

I aim to start a prediction thread for the Morecambe attendance tonight with some small print regarding a small prize, if so desired, of a programme from the Exeter game.

• I went 900 fans based on 800 last year. That was a colossal effort last year then, ona midweek.

• It was a Friday night over the festive period, I believe (and during a very long unbeaten run). Still excellent, of course, but in that context, more understandable.

• No prize then for so accurately predicting the percentage of the crowd represented by Wycombe fans ?!

• Thank you so much. This is the highlight of my predicting career. My compliments and condolences to @mooneyman who is a great predictor in his own right, and who will come good in the future, I am sure. To the Academy of Predicting, thank you - I am deeply, deeply humbled.

• Any prizes on predicting the goal scorers and clean sheet?

• @braywanderer said:
    Any prizes on predicting the goal scorers and clean sheet?

It was recalling your post @braywanderer, that made me ask who had won;-)