Skip to content

Wonder if this means Anthony Stewart is nearing a return

Comments

• @rmjlondon said:
    Anthony Stewart is weeks away from ever getting back on the grass,

So you based that statement on:

“Anthony Stewart is just a little bit behind them in the treatment room after suffering a nasty calf injury but he is not far behind.“

Wow

• Haven't we got a left-back on loan who never gets a game?

• Bench is a bit light on defenders.

• edited February 2018

@LeedsBlue , CMS is the real difficulty to leave out there.
    Therefore, i'd probably not be able to do a "Best" X1, and would instead write 2 from Tyson/CMS/Paris dependent on form, as I think they're interchangeable on quality.

Kashket I struggle to see being able to regularly put in 90mins, so bench is the only place.

Hard to see Saunders not starting if he's fit, but that said we can do well without him these days. We've made up for Eze's departure superbly too.

• Agree with @malone tyson or cms first choice is a poser and one I m happy we have. I think having those two running and tracking back like loonies at their age has got Paris working hard.

• @StrongestTeam I think it means he stays 29 for longer

• Mackail Smith plays every game, he is a fantastic player and offers more than Cowan Hall in a different way.

• Michael Harriman was stood next to me on Tuesday night, he was really good company and chatting with all around him. He certainly is eager to get back. I hope he will be on the bench for the Morecambe & Coventry games. (I have zip insider knowledge & MH didn't give anything away)

• I think CMS is the most consistent of the two, but on his day (which unfortunately is only now and again) Cowan-Hall is the higher technically skilled player. For that reason I would favour CMS.

• PCH because of his dribbling and unpredictability but what a choice and great to be able to rotate the two of them and Tyson. Last season's version - Thommo or Southwell - says it all really.

• Love Beano (goals + throw ins + dreads) as cult hero
    But missing Sido (free kicks + concentration lapses + Afro with off pitch specs )

• Curtis Thompson can play left back I believe. The striker from Watford - Randell Williams appears to have done a runner. No place for Tafari Moore apparently

• @micra said:
    Curtis Thompson can play left back I believe. The striker from Watford - Randell Williams appears to have done a runner. No place for Tafari Moore @LeedsBlue ?

• Wish I knew how to edit.

• @micra said:
    Curtis Thompson can play left back I believe. The striker from Watford - Randell Williams appears to have done a runner. No place for Tafari Moore apparently

Surely it's Bean that's done the runner!

I'll get my coat .

• edited February 2018

@micra firstly it was a bit of a 'fantasy' proposition as a fully fit squad is as rare as rocking horse droppings. But yes, I was struggling to find even a bench place for Moore, McGinley or Thompson in that scenario (not to mention Sido). I'd imagine GA would want to play the bench rotation game to keep all the peripheral players involved. My assumptive premise was that all were fully match fit, and thus a straight pick from what I've seen from both, gives Harri the nod over young Taffy, if nothing else, for the value of his experience in the run in.

@Malone @Wendoverman @mooneyman It's such a tough choice with regard to CMS, An amazing luxury to think of being able to bring such a player off the bench. I love watching him play, and for most of the season I've been wanting to see the ultimate in experienced WW front threes playing together, but PCH has really stepped up in recent weeks. What a headache to have! Who'd have thought 12 months ago that a fit Kashket wouldn't walk straight into the side?

And then there's Saunders... I'm sure he'll work his way back into GA's thinking at some point.

• And I thought I was a bit of a night owl! Ba-boom Ewan. Nice one.
    Excellent post @LeedsBlue. Love the rocking horse reference.

• Amongst all the deserved praise for the gaffer recently, one reminder today that there is still some room for improvement: Anthony Stewart tweeted 20 minutes ago that he's just touched a football for the first time since December (alongside a photo with a nasty scar on his left calf). Reminded me of this thread with the quote from Gareth in mid February that Stewart was only 'a little way' behind Sido and Harriman in a return to fitness...

• Loose lips sink ships. Perhaps Gaz did not want other people to know what defence he might put out...but also he might not have wanted to sound too negative for AS. As it is...we went up...and we have Stewart to come back. Huzzah!!

• @aloysius said:
    Amongst all the deserved praise for the gaffer recently, one reminder today that there is still some room for improvement: Anthony Stewart tweeted 20 minutes ago that he's just touched a football for the first time since December (alongside a photo with a nasty scar on his left calf). Reminded me of this thread with the quote from Gareth in mid February that Stewart was only 'a little way' behind Sido and Harriman in a return to fitness...

not totally true, he was kicking a ball around at Chesterfield with Tafari Moore.

• gareth lying again. We need Martin Allen in...Now THERE'S a proper manager.

• If we had Nathan Jones as manager he could have got God to send Jesus to heal the lame and we'd never have had this injury crisis.

• @MindlessDrugHoover And we would have come first of those who came second...

• What a serious injury that turned out to be, over 4 months!
    We'll definitely need to bring in a solid potential frequent starter level defender for next season.

• Depending on whether the scar is from an operation or was part of the original injury, it could have been a freak, once in a wonder, occurrence. I don’t recall the lad being out much with injury in the past. Correct me if I’m wrong.

• Wasn't Stewart being nursed through something before his injury at Coventry. I vaguely remember him being left out from a midweek game as Ainsworth speculated that he probably couldn't manage two games so close together.

His overall injury record does worry me but hopefully this long lay off has helped clear up any lingering problems. I'd certainly like to have him back in the team.

• @micra, you've been around a few years haven't you? Stewart has had a few lengthy spells out, as well as a lot of short little ones.
    Compare that to the Pierre/Mawson injury record and it's something we need to watch carefully.

• I said correct me if I’m wrong @Malone and I defer to your much younger memory but the only other lengthy absence I can recall was when a Rotherham player trod on and broke his hand. He had to have a plate put in and he showed me the 2” scar following surgery.

• edited May 2018

@micra, I'm no memory king, but your memory must be dreadful not to remember the serious stuff.
    Google searching makes it look even worse!

August 2015 - 4months out - knee

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2015/august/anthony-stewart-ruled-out-for-four-months/

March 2017 - 2months of season - more in summer - knee ligaments

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/15153152.PREVIEW__Stewart_faces_lengthy_spell_on_the_sidelines/

Add in this season - 4months currently

That's a major injury 3 seasons running now.

• Get rid.