Skip to content

What's the most goals anyone has missed?

LX1LX1
edited February 2018 in Football

I've missed a few due to my drinking habit but there have been some good efforts reported on here recently. Any advance on 3?

Comments

• I can safely say I've only missed one goal by leaving early. I remember hearing the cheer for a late equaliser (cannot remember who against) as I got into my car and turned on 3CR. I vowed never to leave before the whistle again.

• I missed all 5 goals last night.

• Missed ever? Must be in the thousands.

• Bayo missed a few last night.

• Where's that klaxon gone?

• no in one game obviously

• I arrived about 10-15mins late to a game once, to find us 2-1 down, and I hadn't even sat down as we made it 2-2 from the pen spot.

Researching on chairboys on the net, it was Preston at home about 4-5 years ago, and we lost 4-3!

Despite having a few seasons where I played on Saturdays, so could just about get to the game for the last 20-30mins, I never missed more than the 3 goals that day!

• Arrived 25 minutes late to Charlton away in 09. Their second went in as we were approaching the turnstile. The steward suggested we might want to turn around and beat the traffic.

Her Indoors missed the first three last night, I missed two - she kindly let me head in whilst she parked next to the away support coaches after the upper parking was closed. Schmoozing the marshalls there means they almost always find us a spot.

• Way back in the days of Jeffways coaches when they would get lost I remember consecutive trips in the FA Cup where they arrived late and we were 2-0 down each time (drew both 2-2)

• @Manboobs , that first day of the new season, after Duberry had declared that we weren't just "making up the numbers", and duly went 3-0 down.

I remember the official coach set off at 12pm, not for a second realising the O2 had some massive event on, and we ran in at about 3.01!

• I wanted to be incredibly fit, rich and famous with an exciting fulfilling career. Missed all four of those goals.

• At least you became a big name on the gasroom though.
    Every cloud.

• Are you trying to say I'm fat @Malone ?

• Just big boned i'd imagine.

• Who here has not imagined @Malone naked?

• steady, chap

• @bookertease Croydon and Bedford? I was a bit luckier (?), my coach got to Bedford just in time to see their 2nd goal go in.