Skip to content

Best attacking force at WWFC in the last...

edited February 2018 in Football

Was just looking at our attacking force this season, all I can say is arn't we privileged.

AKINFENWA
TYSON
COWAN-HALL
KASHKET
MACKAIL-SMITH
FREEMAN

When was the last time we had so many brilliant attacking options?!

Comments

• Scotty,Kim Casey,Tim Langford, Steve Guppy,Mark West,Ty Gooden were all at Martin Oneills disposal in 92/93.
    I've left out Dennis Greene.

• Gorman's team had a lot of goals in it, across the squad, but the Tyson/Mooney/Betsy combo upfront was pretty lethal.

Incidentally, Gorman was working as assistant manager with Angel in the Gibraltar 2nd Division last year. Not sure if he's still there as Lewis Fraser who he was helping out resigned at the end of last season.

• I would dearly love to see CMS offered another year's contract at this stage of the season. Tyson and Bayo are slightly different as I think they will make decisions about their own future based around their lives outside football and if they are enjoying life at WWFC. CMS is still young enough to be attractive to a number of teams in our division and above.

• Ty Gooden, now you are talking...

• ask do you know Ty Gooden? to the yoofs on the Facebook page and you’ll get directions to the Bell

• "you can't Ty a Gooden down"

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub , some big decisions to be made at the end of the season!

If the season was ending now, we could say definitely some of our older boys could do another season. Hopefully in 4 months it looks the same, but that's a long time in football.

• @Malone said:
    TheAndyGrahamFanClub , some big decisions to be made at the end of the season!

If the season was ending now, we could say definitely some of our older boys could do another season. Hopefully in 4 months it looks the same, but that's a long time in football.

If we go up reinforcements needed, if we don’t some will want out. Rock ‘n a hard place.

• If we don't, IMHO GA is the departure worry really.

• @perfidious_albion , which players would want out if we don't go up do you reckon?

I'm not sure any of our forward players joined us as a stepping stone as they wanted to play league 1. More likely the overall package of our offer suited them.

• IF we go up i believe azll of our strikers should be given a chance in League 1 as their goals will be on of the main reasons we go up,if they're shown not to be good enough for the league above then maybe is the time for this discussion imho.

• @Malone said:
    perfidious_albion , which players would want out if we don't go up do you reckon?

I'm not sure any of our forward players joined us as a stepping stone as they wanted to play league 1. More likely the overall package of our offer suited them.

Much as I love Bayo the Dons were correct he could not hack it in div 3. A fit and season proven CMS and Tyson probably fancy a pop at div 3 if we don’t make it . Just my opinion .

• The Beast would still be useful on the bench if plan A wasn't working.

• If CMS and Tyson had fancied it that much, and more importantly were wanted by a league 1 team, they'd surely be there now?

• I think CMS, Tyson and PCH would all be much less effective without the Beast alongside them.

• @Malone said:
    If CMS and Tyson had fancied it that much, and more importantly were wanted by a league 1 team, they'd surely be there now?

They were both fitness liabilities which is why they were available for us to take the gamble I believe.