Skip to content

February

Is shaping up to be a big month. I cannot wait for Saturday. If we can hack our way through the next six games and come out of the other end with a decent clutch of points, surely we can start to dream?

Comments

• edited January 2018

Same as usual. February will actually be the smallest month of the year.
    Unless you are Doctor Who, you have no choice but to wait for Saturday.
    I intend to start dreaming at approximately 11.30 this evening.

• I concede that I have to wait @DevC but think you'll find despite all the dire warnings beforehand a post-referendum February will be up to 40% bigger, and if you start dreaming now before Ruth arrives, you'll have run out by May.

• Amongst many interesting fixtures in February, Mansfield have to play Swindon, Exeter, Newport and Coventry which will see some of them dropping points for sure.

• Coventry have us, Mansfield, Col U and Accrington in Feb - plus the FA Cup 5th Rd.

Also - Luton v Exeter on Saturday will be very interesting...

• thanks @AlanCecil @LeedsBlue supports my theory that February will be biggerer than usual.

• Surely you meant more bigger @Wendoverman ?

• When I saw that Dev had posted I assumed it was to present his preview of the forthcoming clash at St James’s Park and a prediction of the all-important result.

• Here you go Micra

1)A football match will probably take place on Saturday 10th February.

2) One or other team will score more goals than the other and win , unless of course its a draw.

3)The referee will according to at least one set of supporters considers to be one of the worst they have ever seen.

4) The manager of Wycombe Wanderers will either be "our king" or a tactically inept f!kng G^$o depending on which team scores more.

5) The manager of Exeter City will either be "their king" or a tactically inept f%kng p*nce depending on which team scores more.

6) The supporters of Wycombe will conclude that this fine county town with an attractive river and quayside, an outstanding cathedral and a football ground adjacent to a pleasant city centre full of cafes, restaurants and historic inns is in fact a shithole.

7) The same supporters that are apparently unable to find their way back without assistance to a town that has no attractive quayside, cathedral or football ground adjacent to the centre and lets be honest is a bit of a shithole.

8) Hopefully all those people who attend will have an enjoyable day out and get home safely.

9) Hopefully though the 320 or so who prefer hop based mindalterating liquids to fruit based ones and recognise that offal offcuts in pastry with a bit of turnip is not the pinnacle of human gastronomic achievement will have a better day than the other 4000

10) prediction 2 may be proven wrong. it is possible the game may be abandoned.

11) I'm quite looking forward to it.

• Are you lonely Dev?

• you hitting on me, oxford?

• @DevC said:

4) The manager of Wycombe Wanderers will either be "our king" or a tactically inept f!kng G^$o depending on which team scores more.
    6) The supporters of Wycombe will conclude that this fine county town with an attractive river and quayside, an outstanding cathedral and a football ground adjacent to a pleasant city centre full of cafes, restaurants and historic inns is in fact a shithole.
    7) The same supporters that are apparently unable to find their way back without assistance to a town that has no attractive quayside, cathedral or football ground adjacent to the centre and lets be honest is a bit of a shithole.

I am a supporter of Wycombe Wanderers and to be honest, I am nothing like that. So where on earth do you get those viewpoints from.
    I have never accused Ainsworth of being anything other than a manager who has given everything to better this football club.
    I have always liked, what little I know of Exeter and would happily live there if it offered as many employment opportunities for us as a family. I do appreciate that as a lifestyle it may have more to offer.
    Anything else you would like to tar me with that brush Dev?

• Just unbearable

• I’ve not read your post @DevC. It looked pretty tedious.

• I just thought the prospects for February looked quite exciting...it's taken a bit of a turn.

• I’m easily amused. It worked for me @DevC.

I should add a correction to point 9 though. Unbelievable (and depressing) as it is I have witnessed a small selection of the (likely) 320 willingly (or at least I saw no evidence of threat) CHOOSE the fruit-based liquid over the delectable hop-based one.

• Relax, @EwanHoosaami. Dev's parodying the "Blanktown's a sh1thole" song that seems de rigeur among some of the away support and that you and I have heard at pretty much every away game this season. Don't recall hearing it at Cambridge: perhaps some concessions to reality have to happen occasionally. Or maybe I was just a bit further away from the vocal element than normal.

Notwithstanding the cathedral, I've tended to find the centre of Exeter a little concrety for my tastes!

• We still call Oxford a shithole tbf...

• Yes. I thought it more likely I just hadn't heard it when I wrote the above.

• A quick walk through the new Westgate shopping centre in Oxford will confirm that opinion. It makes the Eden Centre seem like Brighton's North Laines.

• @HCblue said:
    Relax, EwanHoosaami. Dev's parodying the "Blanktown's a sh1thole" song that seems de rigeur among some of the away support and that you and I have heard at pretty much every away game this season. Don't recall hearing it at Cambridge: perhaps some concessions to reality have to happen occasionally. Or maybe I was just a bit further away from the vocal element than normal.

Notwithstanding the cathedral, I've tended to find the centre of Exeter a little concrety for my tastes!

Didn't hear it at Forest Green. Then again, it is a village!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    A quick walk through the new Westgate shopping centre in Oxford will confirm that opinion. It makes the Eden Centre seem like Brighton's North Laines.

I think the new Westgate is quite pleasant actually. A bit cold maybe.

• @WanderingDays - Alternatively it's a soulless, corporatised wind tunnel.

• @EwanHoosaami And perhaps one of the hardest places to scan in the song!