Skip to content

The Opposition View - Luton

Comments

• A most enjoyable start to the morning reading that.

• Fair comments from Jones and most of the fans then got the usual fare at the end.

• Some are a bit silly but to be fair to them I think most reflections are quite reasonable.

• Oh the pure irony of some of them. Calling us cheats when they support a team that employs "diving Danny Hylton"! PMSL. As has already been stated, a reasonable proportion were fair comments.
    Why is it that when we beat a "big club that won the League Cup once" and we have on many an occasion, we are cheats? Always fascinated by that.:-)

• "Once the pitches dry out we`ll take most teams apart"...they had the sprinklers on before the match!

• Thank you Vital, loved the final comment about us having money through GA not having his hair cut! Priceless.

• On the whole, a generally reasonable number of comments with the odd not so reasonable comment. I was expecting a diatribe of invective and toy throwing out of the prams but not. Regarding the comments elsewhere about 3Counties radio being slightly biased towards Luton and MK, The other week I switched it on after the Crewe game just before Risboro and all it was on about was Watford, Luton, MK and Stevenage who had all lost or drawn. I was nearly home in Buckingham before we even had a mention of our match. Not impressed.

Thank you team for making my week and it will be even better when I pick up the £5 from the Luton supporter on Friday........COYB!

• What the heck is PMSL Ewan?

• Pissing myself laughing.

• Oh right. Or a tear coming down my leg.

• I suspect they see Hylton the way we see Bayo...more sinned against than sinning. (Though it is true that Diving Danny is a cheat...)

• I assume this is @rmjlondon :

Rick O`Shea wrote:
    "I don't get the negativity. We are by a mile the best team in this league. We have the best manager and supporters and are still the highest goalscorers in the country. We will go up as ****ing champions."

• @Wendoverman said:
    I assume this is rmjlondon :

Rick O`Shea wrote:
    "I don't get the negativity. We are by a mile the best team in this league. We have the best manager and supporters and are still the highest goalscorers in the country. We will go up as ****ing champions."

Too well written to be Richie, could be his dad though!

• Funny the way the better team so often loses

• The pressure is on...and Luton know their lead is being chipped away at. No-one at the top of this league is unassailable I think however many goals they score. If County go through to the next round of the Cup, it will be a welcome distraction for them. This season our strength has been bouncing back after set-backs and chasing is always better than being the chased with all the expectations of those fans who are sitting at the top of the table. Good times.

• Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Scottie cracked me up in the interview on the website, talking about how great the fans are to come up and down the country following the team, "including places like Luton, which is not the nicest area." Such a delicious dig right at the end of the interview, and you can see Tyson smiling at the edge of the picture as he says it.