Skip to content

Match Report: Luton

2»

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    I am not. A member of the Trust board assured me this was what happened.

I'm still calling bulls##t

• I assume Colchester got this mystery £6k fine for not throwing the ball back too?

If that were true the club would issue a statement saying stop doing it.

• Surely any fine would be for the home club not providing a ball quickly enough, not necessarily the same one that went into the crowd.

• @glasshalffull do you happen to know how much Colchester were fined for their fans doing the same thing earlier in the game?

• People may not agree with the holding of the ball, but making up £6k fines in a bid to prevent it is just farcical.

• It neeeds preventing, that’s for sure. Unless nipped in the bud it could become pretty tedious at best. And people wonder why so much time is added on at the end of 90 minutes; 4 minutes after 45 on Tuesday. Not good. And, as someone said, leave it to the players to take their time. They’re pretty good at it.

• So the argument seems to be that until the club specifically announces that fans should not keep hold of the ball then some will continue to do it.
    Seems a pretty 21st Century self entitled argument to me. It's wrong, it's moronic and it shouldn't even be something a football fan should consider.
    No idea about fines but I'd imagine the club should publish it if it does happen

• @Right_in_the_Middle did you go to Luton?

The only time the ball was kept by fans a new ball was provided to the thrower within 5 to 6 seconds.

Your outburst seems a pretty 21st Century massive overreaction to me

• Hi @peterparrotface . I wasn't really talking about the Luton game. More the Colchester one and the comments above about the potential fine and who did it first. My reaction is based on me thinking it is a moronic thing to do. Thinking that's an overreaction is a debate on modern standards all on it's own. You are entitled to think that but it bothers me more that it probably should.

Didn't go to Luton as it is a horrible place and I still have a few more years to get my creaky knees through. Always said I'd only go to Luton if the game really mattered so haven't been since the promotion year when John Akinde (??) scored.

• It was better this year because they let everyone stand up

they should just get rid of the seats really

• @eric_plant said:
    It was better this year because they let everyone stand up

they should just get rid of the seats really

The real answer is to wipe Kenelworth Road from the face of the earth!

• @mooneyman said:
    The real answer is to wipe Kenelworth Road from the face of the earth!

Or even Kenilworth Road ;-)

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Only if he has stubs from Torquay and Northwitch Victoria

Ah, but that depends on which window he/she purchased said tickets surely?

• Trouble is that not everyone can stand up for the whole match, and dumps like Luton are not much good for the older people who like to watch and support the team.

• @Cyclops said:
    Trouble is that not everyone can stand up for the whole match, and dumps like Luton are not much good for the older people who like to watch and support the team.

Sadly, I am heading for that category rather more rapidly than I desire! Not a problem if everyone stands you would think, but then for those that are vertically challenged, it is.