Skip to content

More than 3 points from next seven matches?

2»

Comments

• True, but I'll take today's results thus far.

• Wouldn't count our chickens just yet as Accy were 2-0 down at home to Vale last week but won 3-2 hopefully they can't do it 2 games on the bounce.

• @micra , he could be 6ft 10, but unless he's expanded a little across he'd still look small.

• He’ll be fine. Referees always give the benefit of the doubt to goalkeepers these days. In my day, goals were given even when burly centre forwards with beer bellies bundled them into the net along with the ball. Those were the days.

• I well remember Trevor Ford trying to bundle Sammy Bartram into the net in the 50's and ending in the net himself. Sammy didn't need the ref to look after him !

• Still another 5 matches to get those 4 points and prove @Uncle_T wrong. Oh ...

• @OakwoodExile Very pleased the points tally has been doubled already; hopefully more to come. Team as a whole definitely looking stronger and more confident at the moment.

• I’m sure you’ve never been happier to be proved wrong!

• So, to resurrect this thread, I see we've managed 10 points from 4 of the seven matches! How do we all feel about it now?

• My 'Mystic Meg' side is still worrying about Crawley away.

You know how when you have a great home record and start losing, and then can't get a point away and then start winning...? Well, my fear is we start beating the teams around us, and then fluff it against the 'so called' weaker sides. For sure, it's irrational. Just like resolving to wear the 'lucky' Bean T-shirt for the rest of the season because it has a 100% record so far.

Hope Then Strife.

• @LeedsBlue a wise double glazing salesman once told me 'positive things happen to positive people.'

• Crawley were on a great run, then got absolutely battered on Tuesday. Hopefully we're going to come up against them in the midst of a downturn in their form.

• I am very happy to say the last four matches have gone much better than I feared they might when I started this thread. With the confidence, commitment and togetherness that the team have at the moment, they can hopefully keep adding the points.

• It's certainly vital that we win the games we are supposed to or it makes the wins against Luton, Swindon et al less meaningful. Look at the hatters they keep saying it's a six point lead but accrington could make that three. Be nice to get six points before the Coventry game.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Crawley were on a great run, then got absolutely battered on Tuesday. Hopefully we're going to come up against them in the midst of a downturn in their form.

Not sure whether Luton battered them more than we did - after all, we also scored four against them and kept a clean sheet. But, from the stats and the BBC match report, Luton could have had six or seven (without DDH as well) and, whether for tactical reasons or because of injuries, Crawley subbed two players at half time.
    They may be starting to feel the heat after seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Let’s hope so.

• Got to feel for Cheltenham next four games, Wycombe, Luton, Notts and Swindon. Hopefully they win three of those after a disappointing drubbing on Saturday.