Skip to content

Ref at Luton

Tim Robinson

Comments

• The cricket umpire?

• Oh god, he reffed the Leatherhead game!

• Was he bad @clifty04 ? I plead senility for not being able to recall without a memory jog - the only kind I manage nowadays.

• Hands off shirts, everyone...

• He wasn't good @micra. Gave the suspicious looking (at the time) penalty against Sido. Failed to send off Sam Saunders for his push on Midson (which admittedly was massively over exaggerated). He did send off Sammy Moore though. But in general I seem to recall him struggling to control the game, especially early on.

Further research shows he dished out 10 bookings in our 4-2 defeat in the league at Portsmouth last season, and sent off Marcus Bean in a 1-1 draw at Carlisle in March 2016.

• Thanks for the jog @clifty04. Yes it all comes back in startling technicolour!

• Should be a lively afternoon then.

• It’s the evening we should worry about.

• @micra said:
    It’s the evening we should worry about.

Definitely back in technicolour @micra, very quick;-)

• Actually on balance, after watching the highlights I didn't have too many issues with many of his decisions in the Leatherhead game.

Sido did grab the player by the shirt so it was a penalty and Sammy Moore got his just desserts.

• The referee (Tim Robinson) will almost certainly reach his century of yellow cards on Tuesday. He has 96 currently. 6 of those were flourished during our Cup encounter with the Tanners from Leatherhead. Our meeting with the Hatters is likely to be feisty enough to help him reach his century (in 32 games).

By 2 September he had produced 6 red cards in 8 games but he has mellowed since then, issuing only 3 red in 23 games, including the aforementioned one in response to the atrocity committed by the Leatherhead player/manager.

I’m not sure until I read the Vital preview how many reds Luton have collected but they stand a good chance of adding to their tally, I should think.