Skip to content

The Opposition View - Crewe Alexandra

2»

Comments

• Precisely.

• Extraordinary. Totally obsessed with Akinfenwa - “if he plays and scores the Alex won’t score.” At least that’s what he appeared to be saying. Pretty naff as a commentator (not sure he has any pretentious in that direction) but the raw emotion comes across and the soundtrack does give a better impression of the atmosphere than, say, the Channel 5 “highlights”. Different.

Thanks @Ned_Ludd. (I think!)

• Thanks for the link @Ned_Ludd. The young lad's passion for his team and (as @micra also says) the emotion of the game, comes across really well overall. I wish Crewe well and hope they stay up. BTW it also had the bluntphil post match interview with GA on the side listing, which is helpful as I've not spotted it elsewhere so far.

• He seems completely obsessed with Bayo. I didnt understand his comments that if he scores they wont score any. And then...'We just conceded but thank God the big man didn't score' - as if it somehow makes a difference. Also, he failed to see our second goal - and then 2 seconds later was calling us and the ref cheats. An interesting perspective but largely nonsense

• Spot on Tom.

• @Tom said:
    He seems completely obsessed with Bayo. I didnt understand his comments that if he scores they wont score any. And then...'We just conceded but thank God the big man didn't score' - as if it somehow makes a difference. Also, he failed to see our second goal - and then 2 seconds later was calling us and the ref cheats. An interesting perspective but largely nonsense

Agree with you Tom, a very odd piece of reporting. And whilst I have nothing against Crewe their manager is another story altogether.

• Seemed like a nice lad, obsession with ‘man mountain’ is a good thing, opp managers often the same , that attention creates space for Paris, CMS, Tyson, O’Nien even Blooms to have a pop at goal

• Even Beano even.

• Does it make me a bad person that i skipped to the end to see his reaction after our winner?

• @micra said:
    Even Beano even.

it would probably take Moses parting the Dead Sea to clear the way for a Beano goal ... but stranger things have happened !

• When and if it ever happens, the celebrations, on and off the pitch, will dwarf even those when Sergio finally broke his duck.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    it would probably take Moses parting the Dead Sea to clear the way for a Beano goal ... but stranger things have happened !

Beano must have just forgotten where the goal is, as he scored 14 in 144 matches for Brentford at a higher level than us.

• Last minute winner from Bean at Luton

• There'd genuinely be a pitch invasion