Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe

13»

Comments

• Completely agree, been a most enjoyable season so far. Much rather this than watch us grind out one nils

• I think the key to promotion is getting some wins against the better teams - no wins against the top eight so far, with away dates at Luton, Notts County and Exeter to come. I feel we are already doing an exceptional job against the "teams we should beat".

• @fromtheside said:
    Hylton got injured yesterday so possibly unavailable for our game.

What a result yesterday. It would be great if we can sell out for Luton, only 700 odd tickets I believe.

I believe Hylton had just returned from injury so it may be that, like El-Abd, he came back a little too soon and aggravated it. Wycombe fans may have mixed feelings if he has to miss “the biggie” a week on Tuesday. He’s always a threat but, on the positive side (from our point of view), his presence and his antics always get the fans going and help to raise the noise levels.

• Danny Hylton fell over and was actually injured, wow

• Hamstring injury apparently while trying to turn Muller.

• So Müller is doing well for us even playing for another team!

• Turning Muller, that must have been a painful 5 minutes.

• In other great news, MK Dongs have slipped into the relegation zone. Imagine leapfrogging the fuckers into League One if they go down.

• @micra said:
    Wycombe fans may have mixed feelings if he has to miss “the biggie” a week on Tuesday. He’s always a threat but, on the positive side (from our point of view), his presence and his antics always get the fans going and help to raise the noise levels.

Indeed. I don’t want Luton supporting friends suggesting we only won because the cockwomble wasn’t playing. Mind you if we’re 3 up and he sees red after throwing himself to the floor in front of McGinley they can say what they like. I won’t hear them over my gales of laughter.

• Would anyone even for a second worry if we beat Luton without Hylton playing?!
    It'd be great news to play them without him! Arsehole or not, he scores loads!

It's also great news playing them with a full 10 days rest

• With how many key players we are constantly missing, I don't care if poor little Luton miss their star player against us. If we win, and get promoted in the long run, we would renew hostilities next season anyway.

• As long as we never see Hylton in a Wanderers shirt, is all that matters !!

• Please think of hatters fans who use this forum before making disparaging remarks about the team and its players.

• Whenever I think of Hatters’ fans, disparaging thoughts crowd in.

• Whilst "diving Danny" is one player I could wish upon a nasty injury & I would be pleased if he were not on the team sheet against us, I would venture to suggest that Luton have many other options that we need to worry about. My main concern is that Hylton plays against our rookies at the back & the inevitable penalty is awarded. Let's be honest he got awarded one against JJ @ home and look at his experience. Hylton spends so much time "on his @rse on the grass" I'd be amazed if he wasn't sponsored by "Anusol"!

• I can see the ad “every arsehole needs Anusol”

• Good stuff @EwanHoosaami ! Your post I mean although I do have a lot of time for anusol. Heard somewhere that it was a recurrent hamstring injury that forced him off after eight minutes on Saturday. Mustard poultice might be the answer.

• Yup I suspect they are a strong squad...with or without the panto villian, but hopefully we will have Nathan Jones spitting into the mike about losing three points to negative football, gamesmanship and timewasting. Thinking of richie in these difficult times. Hope we get a good referee for him.

• I've just seen which bit of anatomy Tyson used to score his goal...

• @niebieski said:
    I've just seen which bit of anatomy Tyson used to score his goal...

A bit of HIS anatomy I hope!

• The suspense is killing me......put us out of our misery and tell.

• Lets just say if he scored with a foot his other half must be happy!

• I can still hear the thud when Pierre smashed Hylton in the home game last season. Still brings a smile to my face. Only problem was he got up afterwards!

• @niebieski said:

He was cock a hoop when he scored

• @niebieski said:

A good striker will use every tool of his trade.