Skip to content

Oh FFS, he's back!

Like dog mess on the bottom of your shoe that gets trampled on the magnolia carpet, he never appears to go completely.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42696968

Comments

• I saw this last night. The epitome of the managerial merry-go-round. You can do a shit job, act like a complete c***, alienate your fanbase, and destroy a club, but that's enough past experience to land you another job of equal prestige in a few months time.

• I have no sympathy if Barnet go down now.

• Martin Allen and Barnet is like an abusive relationship. They just can't stop going back to each other.

• Mark McGhee as head of technical, Graham Westley as head coach. Well thats an awesome pairing heaped in historical success.

• haha Martin Allen is finished in the game, does such a good job on a very short term basis but never able to keep it going.

• Must have been nice for Martin Allen to find out richie had just revitalised his career...

• As the average tenure of a football league manager is just over a year someone who does a very good job over a short term will never be out of work

• From the post heading I had a few guesses on who it might be. Would never have guessed him but to be honest it's not that surprising is it. Clubs keep going back to the same few people. He'll get credit if he keeps Barnet up when they probably would have stayed up anyway.

• I thought it was going to be something to do with Steve Hayes. Relieved that it’s not.

• Martin Allen will probably still have another 2-3 stints at Barnet later on.

As for Westley, i don't remember coming away from a game more furious. One particular Adams Park game, every single challenge was a foul, you have the twice a game designated fake injuries, arghh.

Didn't think he was as bad at Newport, but obviously didn't have time to get them going in his manner.

• edited January 2018

I thought it was going to be Ruth.

• this is superbly cringeworthy:

• That's dreadful. Pub teams could put out a better video than that in 5 minutes.

• Sound muted as Westley asks are cats the only thing it scans

• You’ve got to feel for Tarpey haven’t you. He was probably thinking things couldn’t get any worse after breaking his leg, and now this.

• That has given me an interesting new business idea though.

• @drcongo said:
    You’ve got to feel for Tarpey haven’t you. He was probably thinking things couldn’t get any worse after breaking his leg, and now this.

Priceless!

• The greetings card isn’t quite right though.

• @drcongo said:
    That has given me an interesting new business idea though.

Barnet are looking forward to some big “Monet” transfers

• I meant, superb stuff @drcongo , although I liked the pun as well. Made quite an impression

• What a lily-livered bunch of players they would have to bee to be upset with the appointment of Westley.

• Still proceeding, Westley leading.........