Skip to content

Comments

• Yes, a score draw seems reasonable based on form and injuries but I hope we can get the three points.

• Much will depend on whether Sammie Szsmodics plays. The diminutive attacking midfielder has scored five goals in Colchester’s last six games. If, in advance of a possible move to Bournemouth, he does not play (and with Reid suspended), I would be much more confident of getting the theee points.
    Who is this Moore person mentioned by a (?Colchester) newbie on another thread who may play right back?

• They signed a duo from Maldon & Tiptree FC, could be one of them?

• hopefully doesn't put us in a bit of a jam

• From the local rag regarding Szsmodics over in this pit :

Szmodics was in excellent form last month, scoring five goals for the U's last month and also providing an assist.

“It’s brilliant to be spoken about and to get this award,” said the former Braintree Town loanee, who is hoping to return to Colchester’s starting line-up at Wycombe Wanderers tomorrow after missing their defeat against Cheltenham Town because of fatigue.

Szmodics admits it is flattering to be linked with a move to the Premier League – but insists his focus remains on helping his home town club Colchester win promotion.

The 22-year-old attacker’s future has been the subject of speculation, with the likes of AFC Bournemouth, Middlesbrough and Millwall all linked with the U’s leading scorer in this month’s transfer window.

• Will be interesting to see him in that case!

• @micra said:
    Will be interesting to see him in that case!

I went to the away game. He was a thorn in our side if I remember correctly?

• He was, I remember him scoring a good goal at our place last season too from distance. A real rise from obscurity. I know a bit about him as my sons coach used to coach him when he was younger and is still in contact with him. He wasn't even in their plans at the beginning of last season, a bit part player through the season and now talk of him going to a prem side.