Skip to content

The Opposition View - Mansfield

Comments

• If Peter Taylor gets a sixth place finish with a budget of £2 million, and Gary Waddock gets a sixth place finish with a budget of £500k, are these equal achievements?

If Tony Adams finishes 8th with a budget of £15 million, and Lawrie Sanchez finishes 18th with a budget of £100k, which has had the more successful season?

• People claiming to have knowledge is so very Gasroom.

• Terrible start to the gasroom year this

• There will be people who genuinely do, but you'd hope they keep it to themselves if they're connected to the club!

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Still curious about glasshalffull postings and what I see as making assumptions unless he is indeed very 'in the know' which would be surprising. Seems to hint at coming from a position of knowledge but isn't saying if this is the case so would be interesting to know if this knowledge is based on anything other than guesswork?

I think he’s Richie’s dad. Or perhaps Ruth?

• @glasshalffull I'd very surprised if club staff or representatives would share any detailed information on WWFC or any other rival club's currrnt playing budgets. From my experience that would be breaching confidentiality agreements in place and i dont believe anyone would fall foul of that. If you are unprepared to name your source I am calling BS. I dont know who you are but unless convinced otherwise I will instead replace claims of 'knowledge' for 'guesswork' and 'assumptions' above.

• Not the best examples if you’ll forgive me.
    Portsmouth we’re coming out of a ruinous period financially when they overspent heavily to try and retain their PL status. Once they had recovered from that by shedding their major wage earners , the cash generated by their huge support saw them win promotion. Likewise, Luton dropped into the Conference after a period of financial instability and then received new investment. Notts County have been taken over by a very wealthy benefactor.

• Don't waste your time @DJWYC14

• @DJWYC14 said:
    glasshalffull I'd very surprised if club staff or representatives would share any detailed information on WWFC or any other rival club's currrnt playing budgets. From my experience that would be breaching confidentiality agreements in place and i dont believe anyone would fall foul of that. If you are unprepared to name your source I am calling BS. I dont know who you are but unless convinced otherwise I will instead replace claims of 'knowledge' for 'guesswork' and 'assumptions' above.

That’s your call my friend. Doesn’t bother me.

• Fair enough. Presumably you enjoy making stuff up on internet forums. Probably to get a reaction I guess . @Floyd was probably right about wasting my time.

• @floyd said:
    Don't waste your time DJWYC14

@DJWYC14 said:
    Fair enough. Presumably you enjoy making stuff up on internet forums. Probably to get a reaction I guess . Floyd was probably right about wasting my time.

Who said I’d made it up? I’ve noticed that if you don’t agree with the cosy cabal that exists on here then (like Dev C) you are soon subjected to uncalled for insults.
    How sad.

• Closest thing I can find to stats in the public domain is football manager, and we're 16/24 for budget on that in league 2 - with more "higher earners" than most other teams in the bottom half in terms of budget.

Only a game but a fairly well researched one.

• You’re less likely to get harsh reactions if you’re a bit more polite yourself in the first place.

• @Chris said:
    You’re less likely to get harsh reactions if you’re a bit more polite yourself in the first place.

Please tell me where I was impolite?

• I'm a fairly infrequent poster and not part of any cabal

More than happy to discuss this with you at any game but I won't hold my breath.

My posts aren't harsh. I called you out for claiming to know stuff that I don't think you can unless club staff/ reps have given the info out and broke confidentiality which would be very serious, and you don't like it

What else can I conclude other than you have made assumptions and are guessing, unless you can prove otherwise?

• Is there a cabal here? Can I join? I'm very discreet.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    I'm a fairly infrequent poster and not part of any cabal

More than happy to discuss this with you at any game but I won't hold my breath.

My posts aren't harsh. I called you out for claiming to know stuff that I don't think you can unless club staff/ reps have given the info out and broke confidentiality which would be very serious, and you don't like it

What else can I conclude other than you have made assumptions and are guessing, unless you can prove otherwise?

I don’t think it’s very respectful to call people you don’t know bullshitters who make stuff up to get a reaction but hey ho I’m thick skinned so I don’t bear any grudges.
    After all, we’re supporters of the same club.

• Who is this cabal? Can you list them? Or have you made that up too?

I'm losing more respect for your credibility with every post.

Come on, just tell us who you are how you know what our budget is and how it compares to other L2 clubs. Then we can all move on and I can retract my claim that you are guessing.

You aren't making it easy for me to change my mind with every post that follows either by playing an anonymous or a victim card.

• I'm not trying to get any reaction and I have no agenda.

I'm trying to understand how you know all the L2 player budgets. Particularly from a background of having served on the Trust board. You either aren't willing or able to answer.

I will leave it to others on here to judge your credibility. Unless you can actually answer with something a bit more informed I'll give up and leave it

• @DJWYC14 said:
    I'm not trying to get any reaction and I have no agenda.

I'm trying to understand how you know all the L2 player budgets. Particularly from a background of having served on the Trust board. You either aren't willing or able to answer.

I will leave it to others on here to judge your credibility. Unless you can actually answer with something a bit more informed I'll give up and leave it

Ditto

• It's like Richie's been having spelling and grammar evening classes. I think the moral of this thread is just to let the WUMs think they know more than us mortal halfwits, and quietly click on the 'ignore' button.

• Glassfull is Ritchie's "sensible" account right?
    That's fairly accepted knowledge.

• I might try and put together a Gasroom Cabal Venn Diagram, mapping out the shady alliances that have been formed on this most sinister of football forums. I'll start with Dev and Eric in their very own circles and go from there...

• I would not want to be part of any cabal that would accept me as a member. As @glasshalffull has not mentioned LTFC, or how poor GA and the players are, I accept that he is no relation to oor richie.

• For the record - and in a spirit of good humour - I am not related to Richie and have no idea who he is. I have no particular affection for LTFC and I think GA and our squad are a credit to the club.

• I’m pretty sure I know who you are @glasshalffull - your way with words and unwaveringly positive attitude speak volumes. It would be remiss and inappropriate for me to hazard my guess on a forum where (for various reasons) only half a dozen or so people post under their real names and we haven’t conversed face to face for several years - probably Sergio’s book promotion evening - but, if our paths cross again, I will re-introduce myself and enquire whether my intuition is correct!

Meanwhile, a Very Happy New Year to you and yours.

• I obviously have no idea if you are right or wrong but I do appreciate your discretion especially as another poster demanded to know my identity simply because he disagreed with my opinion. As I have said before, I always find your posts to be reasonable and respectful and they are two qualities sadly missing from much of today’s social media. I doubt if anyone-apart from the aforementioned poster- really cares who I am and I’m happy to keep it that way.

• I'm sure it used to be said that the old gasroom only had about 10 actual posters who ran it.
    Wonder what number of "unique" posters we have on here. Definitely some 2 username mongers on here.

• I can only afford one username @Malone any more would confuse me.