Skip to content

Match Report - Mansfield

Comments

• Harsh score for JJ Adam

• Thats a tough score all round, but in particular Scarr and JJ! Personally, I thought Eze had a decent 1st half and proved to be a bit of a thorn to Mansfield, however as appears to be the norm, when the match turns into a war, he isn't the man you want in the trench with you.

• Agree with you on Eze, @EwanHoosaami. Also thought Scarr not bad y'day for second game running. I'm with Adam on JJ though. Perhaps it's the view one gets from the terrace but he's been clearly off his best for a few games and yesterday was his worst game of the lot.

• Thanks for the report. Bit harsh on PCH, whose penetration was missed in the second half. Agree with all on JJ not that bad, but his delivery has become a bit inconsistent recently

• I wonder if the JJ/Tyson combination/lack thereof resulted from fatigue. It seemed to me that it was a Catch 22 situation insofar as JJ was venturing forward far less than usual, especially in the second half when Alfie Potter was rampaging forward at great pace, and Tyson maybe lacked the stamina (possibly as a result of his first half knock) to provide the usual amount of defensive cover.
    Jack Williams is a pacey, terrier-like understudy at left back but what has now become a very important match at The New Lawn may not be the time to blood him. More likely that JJ will confound his “critics” by putting in one of the best of his consistently excellent performances.
    I was impressed once again by the emerging star Scarr. Skipper in the making.

• Maybe Muller will be back by Monday - allowing Jombati to return to right-back, Gape to go defensive midfield and Saunders and O'Nien doing the creative stuff. I think Scarr will provide a far better partner for Muller than WDH - giving Stewart and el-Abd a chance to recover properly before being thrown back in to the fray.

• An interesting hypothesis @aloysius. And I like the rejigging you suggest but, even if Müller is going to be recalled (which I doubt), isn’t the cut-off date for loans 2 January?

• Is it? Ah well. I'll copy and paste ahead of next weekend then!