Skip to content

Marcus Bean

Is he injured !!

Comments

• Yes. Knee, I think.

• Marcus Bean “has had a recurring thigh problem recently which will keep him out for a while “.

• Of course it is always wise to take BFP references with a pinch of salt (I was quoting from a caption under a photograph of Marcus in yesterday’s ‘paper) and commments by GA in the meantime about El-Abd and Bean suggest illness rather than injury.

• Marcus doing the commentary with @bluntphil today

• Not that ill then. Back tomorrow?

• He has a muscle strain, should be ok for next week.

• Truth is we miss his break up play

• Handy to have against a sophisticated PNE side. I’m taking a friend to next Saturday’s game. He supported Preston in his youth and I’m hoping he will restrain himself as and when (the latter, surely) they score! I’ve been singing the praises of Eze (and I still think he would significantly improve our promotion prospects) so I’m particularly sad that he won’t feature next Saturday.
    Bean (or Gape) in front of the back four would (as @aloysius has pointed out elsewhere) enable Sam Saunders to push forward and if Stewart or El-Abd are available that would enable Sido to revert to right back. I’d also like to see Nick Freeman start.

• Beany confirmed yesterday that he has a minor injury (hoping to be back in contention very soon) and also had a virus over Christmas. Good to get both out of the way at the same time!

• I still hope he will play tomorrow

• Sounds like it could be next Saturday.