Skip to content

You learn something new every day

2»

Comments

• Three year ban from all football grounds for being pissed in charge of a flare. That'll save him a few bob at least.

• Am I alone in desperately trying to construct a mental image of this fellow fan and then struggling to think of a face I’ve seen at Adams Park which might match it?

• May depend on your age @micra all 20 year olds look the same to me. He must have been seriously drunk to have drawn attention to himself and then the firework/smoke bomb/flare.

• If it was the lad I saw being spoken to sternly outside the club bar by the police that day, I recognised him from the terrace. You'd have seen him there as a regular - tended, i think, to stand reasonably close to the goal quite often, though that might be an imagination of mine.

• @Wendoverman said:
    May depend on your age micra all 20 year olds look the same to me. He must have been seriously drunk to have drawn attention to himself and then the firework/smoke bomb/flare.

I think I may have lost the plot. I hadn’t realised that the Liam Southgate composite was the banned individual. No point in continuing to scan faces in the crowd then. I’d love to see a picture of “Liam Southgate” if only to be able to exclaim “By Jove, I see what they mean.

Incidentally, I am a composite of Roger Whittaker. So I’m told.

• Liam Southgate wasn’t the fella. At least he doesn’t look like he’s in his 20s!

• Is 'Liam Southgate' the chunky guy in his late-thirties/early-forties with sticky-out front teeth?

• @Jonny_King said:
    Is 'Liam Southgate' the chunky guy in his late-thirties/early-forties with sticky-out front teeth?

Thought that was Dev!

• Pretty certain Liam Southgate is not the banned 20 something. No pic of Liam I'm afraid @micra, but if you get a picture of Liam Gallagher and Gareth Southgate (without beard) in your mind, you'll spot him soon enough!

• Don't see the Southgate angle, but have definitely spotted the guy who is being referred too.

A small town slack jawed version of Gallagher i'd say.

• Think lanky like Rodney Trotter.

• I know his name is Josh Walker and he lives in that Aylesbury. Whether or not he has a new album out or is preparing for the World Cup I have no idea.