Skip to content

Worst three draws tonight

2»

Comments

• Away to Spurs again.... at least we'll go to Wembley !!

• At least it’s one of Gareth’s former clubs!

• ...and quite winnable, hopefully!

• If you draw a blockbuster it’s good to have a tie you can win. And much better to play Preston than someone like Stevenage.

• Last couple of seasons have seen us get some underwhelming draws, but we've gone and won them, so here's hoping. I see PNE are mid-table but any idea what their away form is like?

• Just had a look on the BBC site - pretty decent. Hopefully we'll have Tyson and Kashket back by then.

• Only 4 seasons ago we played them in the 2nd round.

• I saw PNE play away at Leeds earlier this season and they greatly impressed me in a 0-0 draw. Held the ball very well and broke at pace. Probably lack a goal scorer in their side. I think they have a few injuries to important players which is why their league form has suffered of late. Certainly a game that we can win though

• Tease of a draw, as until late you had Man City and Newcastle in there, and we could have got Chelsea even later on.

Oh well, a tough team not too far outside the playsoffs from 2 divisions higher.
    At least it's at home!

• Pretty dull draw, I was hoping for Sheffield Wednesday away with the teams left

• Good draw, but not a great draw obviously. I'm happy it's at home. They'll be favourites, but I think we can give it a good go.

• Best thing about it is it might actually be at 3 on the Saturday

• In a strange twist of fate, I got on the Victoria line after the draw wearing wycombe colours having just played five a side.

I look up, and a guy is sat opposite me in an ancient Wycombe strip, shorts and stud boots too.

• Here's a rock in the pool. I'm not worried about Saturday or Sunday as I'm retired but I must admit I enjoyed the 2pm KO as it allowed a return home at a reasonable time (and gave more game time in natural light). Apart from tradition, why is it classically 3pm KO? Makes things a bit rushed if you're going out in the evening and certainly makes away trips more difficult for similar reasons.

• Not in the worse three then!

Their comments are worth reading, some apprehension, some expectation.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?104644-It-s-Wycombe-away-in-the-3rd-round

Sounds like the beer tent might be popular.

• I'm kind of with you, @ValleyWanderer. I enjoyed the change of routine on Sunday.

• Should be a great atmosphere. PNE always used to bring a big support to AP back in the day. Great memories of Wembley 94 and that Hakan Hayrettin strike at Deepdale. Don't think we've ever beaten them since those glory days though.

• Still remember when we lost 0-1 and had 3 players sent off, Crossley for a professional foul leading to the match winning penalty, Brownie for 2 bookings and Terry Evans for a tackle near the corner flag.

But my abiding memory is Miguel D’Sousa missing an absolute sitter in the last minute!! Not sure how with 8 men we had our most prolific striker with the ball at his feet alone 10 yards out!!

• To call that a "tackle" by Terry Evans is stretching the definition of the word!

More like ABH

• @eric_plant said:
    To call that a "tackle" by Terry Evans is stretching the definition of the word!

More like ABH

Yes you’re quite right, not quite in the class of the Cousins Doncaster leap but of course that was only deemed a second yellow so big Terry could consider himself unlucky to get a straight red!!

• Back in the days of Terry's lunge I was a student and as was the custom of the day, forced along to the bank branch for a chat with the student bank manager about cutting one's spending. In the list of things I could apparently do without, the subject of watching football came about. Turned out the bank manager was a referees assesor and mentioned to me that Big Tel's infamous tackle was used in FA training videos under the category of 'tackles that warrant a straight red'.

• I've never forgotten that tackle. Almost sent the bloke over the stand!