Skip to content

The Opposition View - Crawley Town

Comments

• Good to see that two ex-Wycombe stars are also viewed as Crawley legends

• Fatbear must be one he'll of a player if he believes he could have scored the hat trick that CMS did!. His 1st two were belters, the third, whilst looking easy, still took composure. Maybe Fatbear should pop along for a trial?

• Might be worth us keeping tabs on 'fatbear'. He sounds like some player if he could've scored all 3 of CMS' s goals!

• I must admit fatbear has made me laugh this morning.
    Also comments about wingers being played as strikers. CMS is a striker being played as a winger most the season. He was asked about this previously in the q and a in the here suite and said it wasn’t his favourite role but he would put up with it. Class is class I guess.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Fatbear must be one he'll of a player if he believes he could have scored the hat trick that CMS did!. His 1st two were belters, the third, whilst looking easy, still took composure. Maybe Fatbear should pop along for a trial?

Yes my thoughts as well...1st two were awesome and were out wide..3rd was the easiest.

• Maybe Fatbear is CMS.

• Modern game demands no such thing as "wingers".

The two players either side of the front man have to be flexible enough to be strikers, left midfielders and full backs dependant of the situation.

It's how the 4 3 3 /4 5 1 formations work. If you are on top and dominating you can create space in the middle of the park and over load the defending team.
    If you are on the back foot, you pack the mid field and over run it.

That's why the old 4 4 2 system is out dated and out of favour. The traditional banks of 4 are easily navigated and pressure applied to the defenders

• I should add, that it requires the sort of player Bayo is that doesn't need to be mobile (although it is an advantage) but they do need to have the strength/height/ability to take a ball, hold it up and/or lay it back to the 5 in midfield, so that mid field 5 and one up, become a mid field 3 with 3 up.