Skip to content

North Bucks

2»

Comments

• Brimmers. We are near neighbours. I am still fairly sprightly but if the time comes when age/fading eyesight/whatever make it impossible for me to get to AP, I shall be looking to hitch a ride with someone!!

• @BlueBoy said:
    Google Maps tells me I’m 6.6 miles south of the Northamptonshire border. I’m just the ‘wrong’ side of Newport Pagnell. I know of at least one person the ‘right’ side though, so they beat me by a few hundred yards.

I am currently having an appropriate blue plaque fixed to the front of the house.

• King of the North

• bit niche this

• When the time comes you can relying on House Stokenchurch to March north to restore the MKUA to Buckinghamshire

• Death to the unitary authorities time to restore the county to it’s pre 1972 greatness. The concrete cow must fall

• @micra said:
    Brimmers. We are near neighbours. I am still fairly sprightly but if the time comes when age/fading eyesight/whatever make it impossible for me to get to AP, I shall be looking to hitch a ride with someone!!

Opposite the Rod Barbers computer repair place, just before the zebra crossing as you head down towards cosy corner is a tiny stoney road. We are in there. Always welcome to car share. I do a few away games, (within reason), if you would like to join in as well.
    It could be a race though as to who ages first/eyesight fades? ATM I attend home games, (weather permitting), on my motorbike with my son, three maybe a squeeze! If it's pouring/really ice/cold, then go in the car.

• Gotcha @Ewanhoosami. And, as some kind person (?@mooneyman) remarked earlier in the season, not a lot of room on my mobility scooter. Thanks for the car share invitation. Just might take you up on it for an away game at some point.

• I live in Great Kingshill and often walk to Hazlemere sometimes via Widmer End. I did see someone driving a mobility scooter the other day with a dog in the basket. It wasn't you was it Micra?

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    BlueBoy I think you’re in front I’m not sure what you mean by the right side of Newport Pagnell

I.e. I live in MK. The divide is the M1 and I’m on the wrong side of it.

• @BlueBoy said:
    I.e. I live in MK. The divide is the M1 and I’m on the wrong side of it.

Ah okay

• @mooneyman said:
    I live in Great Kingshill and often walk to Hazlemere sometimes via Widmer End. I did see someone driving a mobility scooter the other day with a dog in the basket. It wasn't you was it Micra?

It may come to that one day but Paddy is eleven so I expect to outlive him but who knows!

• Apologies for delay @mooneyman. Away for weekend. Amazing examples of longevity, particularly in “mutts” which, whisper it quietly, our Paddy is. Seems I may have erred on the optimistic side!

• Lots of us from Thames.

• Widmer End is the biggest WWFC stronghold in Bucks. Overtook Downley in 2015.

• Thame is not Bucks @Chickenhead ..........but Haddenham is a different matter

• Haddenhams a wild borderland frequented by desperados and renegades

• Remembering Al The Pal RIP