Skip to content

Danny Loader, world champion, ex-Wycombe Wanderers

2»

Comments

• The fact that players need to play to learn was my point. The fact that IMHO they can only do so in our system by going to clubs with worse coaching and worse facilities is an odd way to develop the elite young players.

Its a difficult conundrum - not one i suspect will be solved on a Lg2 forum!

• Yup. In an ideal world, one might wish to have all the players under your immediate wing while they develop through play - I see that. That said, I think the others are right in suggesting that the input they get here will be of a more than acceptable nature and may well enrich the player for the fact that it's coming from people he has not been dealing with the whole time.

I suppose if one was a resource-rich PL club, one might expend some of those resources in making regular visits to your on-loan youngsters to keep up with their progress...

• @micra said:
    As a Trust member (?) you do have opportunities to raise the issue and at least
    Instigate discussion. The sound system has apparently been upgraded and there was talk a week or so ago about re-aligning the floodlights (and presumably replacing blown bulbs). Wasn’t aware of broken turnstiles or broken tea bar tills.

The turnstile operative only glances at my season or print at home pre-bought ticket - no scanning.

• Not sure that constitutes a broken turnstile @Onlooker. More like a broken scanner or dereliction of duty.

• Scanners were non-functional at the Family Stand turnstiles (Valley End) on Saturday; and I don't think the cash till in the food bar that end hasn't been functional all season.

• Wasn’t Blackman working closely with a senior Chelsea coach even while he was on loan?

• The Fans' Council is the place to raise big and small matters. I've been to the last two meetings, I was sceptical at first, thought it might just be talk and no action, but I have been impressed so far. It does have surprising power to affect club policies, the club management actively seek out opinion at the meetings to get a steer on which way to go.

If you can't make the meeting, email your thoughts and questions to [email protected] and it will be put on the agenda and discussed at the next meeting (last Thursday every month, 7:30pm in Monty's).

• @Uncle_T said:
    Scanners were non-functional at the Family Stand turnstiles (Valley End) on Saturday; and I don't think the cash till in the food bar that end hasn't been functional all season.

Do you think it has been functional then, @Uncle_T?

• Oops; unintended double negative. It did work in the past, but the cashier now has to perform mental arithmetic.