Skip to content

£20 to stand at Boreham Wood v Blackpool

Boreham Wood have the worst attendances in the National League & it's not hard to work out why! For regular league games it costs £18 to either sit in the stand or stand behind the goal (on an open terrace).

For the visit of "world-famous" Blackpool as they call them, Boreham Wood have even increased their prices again! Despite playing "world famous" opposition in the FA Cup 1st Round, they would be very happy to take £20 off you to sit or stand for this game. Not surprisingly the match is not all-ticket. In fact, if the attendance tops 1,500 I'd be very surprised. Non-League football does not command £20 a go.

Comments

• Spot on, they charge about £150 to any visiting teams that want to film highlights at their ground, but expect the same in return for free

• Probably doesn't help Boreham Wood being in the north division though does it!

But the rest seems fair comment. Do many clubs charge the opposition to film?!

• @Malone said:
    Probably doesn't help Boreham Wood being in the north division though does it!

What do you mean?

• edited October 2017

My apologies, I often scan read Mr W's posts, as I can never get as excited about the games he can, and must have seen Blackpool, invented the word "north" and missed "FA Cup" to wrongly assume they were stitched in having to play in a north regionalised division.

ahem, as you all were.

• Crikey, Malone. I go away for a few days and you start to lose it.

• worst misread in weeks

• Yes, OK, I remember mine! (Surprised myself there.)

• Can't remember what it was about, though.