Skip to content

Plays offs

On the football league show Justin Edinburgh believed bury will overtake us. He says the other two teams have been more consistent , I think Wycombe have been in the top 3 for the majority of the season so don't think that's a fair comment, what do people think ? I still think we have a good chance as bury may feel the pressure as well, if we lose at burton then we may struggle.

Comments

• We have a better run in than Bury. I think we are going to do it,just!

• Depends on how many Bury have to play at home and the condition of their pitch? Someone mentioned earlier that they have to play seven games in 23 days? If so, they may tire even with their big squad and budget. Better pray for many rain clouds over the Manchester region in the next month, they could be our best hope.

• I don't think prayer is necessary for rain in Manchester at any time of the year.

• I'm resigned to the playoffs. We're too inconsistent at home, and Bury are the opposite.

• The sale of Scowen has made all the difference in my opinion , if he was still here we would be top. However yes I know survival is more important then losing a potential promotion.

• Is Bean better in the holding role than Stu Lewis ? I would have held onto Lewis,as he never let us down.

• Not knocking Stus effort but his first touch was shocking . Looking back with Rose tinted specs methinks Mr Harps

• It's a fair comment, I think we are very inconsistent when compared to Burton and Shrewsbury who rarely drop points.

Bury are also showing similar levels of consistency - 24 points out of a possible 27 or something like that?

• Burton have dropped four points in their last two games. Hopefully seven in three soon.

• One look at the form table shows what's up. Fair comment especially after Burton but with Bury losing at home and Sarfend & Shrews still to play... Most important is that we bounce back and improve goal difference next time out. Teams will pick up points, we just need to be among them. COYB!!!!

• Bury have a Tricky game at Newport Saturday followed by a tough game at home to Shrewsbury on the Tuesday. But I really think we need a Max 6 points for the next two. It might be that Southend are they main threat after the next two, They have to winnable home games against Tranmere and Newport. Plus dont forget the Bury Southend game on Tuesday 21st surely one will knock the other out. I would rather us going to Northampton on the last day Than Bury going to Tranmere, especially if Rovers need a win so secure there football league status, bound to be a full house.

• Does anyone know the dates for the semis? I may need to get out of a few work commitments.

• Have to win the next two games to keep the pressure on Bury. I reckon Southend will do us a favour. I thought we had a more reasonable run-in, but Cheltenham fighting for their lives and Exeter with a few decent results might prove trickier than I thought before Oxford.

• I'm gonna say it now, if at any point we get back to a 7 point gap, we will definitely see it out. Game in hand or not.

• What's the situation with our loan players should we slip into the playoffs-offs? I recall the Saunders and Yennaris loans do not cover the play offs, I don't know about Fred's. We could be severely weakened .

• Fred available for play-offs. Yennaris and Saunders may require negotiation. Wouldn't think that would be a problem with Brentford (although they may also be involved in play-offs of course). Football League rules may possibly prevent extension at this stage of the season but unlikely I would have thought.

Let's hope this is entirely hypothetical!