Skip to content

Guess the away attendance v Cambridge

I'm going to plump for 521.

Comments

• 522 (came up with that figure before I saw @OxfordBlue 's guess. There might be a fair few put off by the fact that we only have 100 seats. There again, there might be a few more that will come because we'll have a terrace.

• why have we been moved from behind the goal?

• The usual away stand is being used for a local schools promotion, apparently.

• Can't wait for the moaning when there aren't enough seats to accommodate

• Glad to be able to stand, myself. Think I saw a note asking those attending to allow those who need the seats to have them. Seems sensible.

• I think we are entitled to moan, some want to sit for comfort, some have to sit, and 100 just doesn't sound enough, given the numbers we are likely to take. The club should have asked for more and their suggestion that people give up seats for others is likely to result in scenes before kick off. It's not as though we are going to a non-league ground like Wimbledon, with their meagre number of away seats, Cambridge built a 1600 seater stand for away fans. If they don't use it for that purpose then they need to lay on a suitable alternative.

• well said Steve. I would much rather stand down the side than sit behind the goal but those who need/wish to sit should be catered for as well.

This was mentioned in another thread a while ago but it's a shame that there is a need for segregation at all really. If not, fans could go and sit in the main stand should they wish to

• I'm intrigued where the "100 seats" are located. I've not seen any evidence, either on previous visits or from photographs on the web, of any seating whatsoever in the South Habbin Terrace. If people who ask for seating are transferred from the terrace to another area of the ground it will make it fairly impossible for them spontaneously to give up their seats to later arrivals who need a seat more than they do.

This video, which appears to be very recent, doesn't show any seating:

• Well, that was fascinating. Don't forget hiking boots and evidence of limited mental capacity.

• And beware of crows.