Skip to content

Where is the opposition view!?

Hey!!! @Vital where is the opposition view from the Barnet boys??
I keep checking back!
I do love a read of the comments when we win!!!!

Comments

• None of them had an opinion.

• Not many there to view it either

• Here it is.

Unfortunately no-one seems to have published their manager's thoughts in writing or provided a video, besides iFollow.

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=507045

• Thanks Vital. These seem like prematurely despairing views from the Barnet fans. They have some key players injured (so do we) but they have a surprisingly large squad - 6 more than ours - including four goalkeepers. One of their fans pointed out that their midfield trio included a youth player. That was Fumnaya Shomotun (No. 19). He's more than a year older than Eze and has played 14 games.
    I do wonder about the wisdom of appointing a champion gymnast who briefly played for Amersham and Chesham and had coached Under 13s before becoming caretaker manager last season.

• Barnet are quite a peculiar club in many ways aren't they?

• I didn't see a Barnet side worthy of the despair shown in the fans comments. Had they scored in the first 20 mins it would have been a different game. They were totally on top until then. Bayo is a big difference maker in so many games. Akinde is the Barnet difference maker.

• I agree, although to be fair our lot looked half asleep for most of the first half, even after we'd scored. And maybe the despair comes from seeing their side dominate and not score before going behind. They certainly had at least one chance which was a shocking miss.

• I think the message to Barnet (a well respected club in our eyes, I think) is nil desperandum. And I don't think they will have too many nils.