Skip to content

October

Highly encouraging September encouraging dreams of glory come May.

October on paper looks tough. Away games at cambridge, carlisle and Swindon - tough games all - with a home game against high flying exeter. looks like being a real test of whether those promotion aspirations are realistic.

take 8-10 points from the 5 games in the month?

Comments

• I'd imagine we'd be delighted to take 2 points per game for the rest of the season! 91 points is nailed on top three and wins the league in nine of the last thirteen seasons. 1.6 points per game gets us to 77 points from here, not quite good enough to hit top three in any of those last thirteen years. Probably still take it given the Carlisle, Swindon and Exeter games. (Feeling like we should be hoping to win at Cambridge currently.)

• As clichés go, "take one game at a time" is as sensible as they come

We're more than capable of winning at Cambridge next week. Let's try and do that

• In answer to Dev's question, definitely!
    Defiantly, in fact.

• Three wins, one draw and one loss would do very nicely indeed.

• We are unbeaten away! I feel confident every time we take the pitch currently.

• Well said Shev

• A quick comparison with where we were at this stage last year:
    W4-D2-L5-GF13-GA14-Pts14.
    It was not until the 17th match before we passed our current points total,
    W6-D4-L7-GF20-GA21-Pts22.

So anything from October puts us ahead of where we were at the same stage last year. Last year, it took a good mid season run to look threatening. I would say that this year we are already a threat, with the potential to get stronger. Long may it continue.

• Did try to find a table at end of September last season.

I am a little surprised that 21 points from 11 games is only good enough for 7th.

Table seems a little more polarised than normal this season.

• Agreed Dev, on saturday only one team in the bottom half won. It feels like a league of two halves this year and we may only see 3 or 4 teams in a serious relegation battle come January.

• @DevC After 11 games last season 21 points would have been good enough for 2nd in the table. Plymouth were top on 25; Doncaster 2nd on 20.

• Going to be an exciting month if we can keep our away form going. Even a series of draws against some of the more favoured teams wouldn't be a disaster. I'd take five or six points if it included not losing to Swindon, Exeter and Carlisle.