Skip to content

Clean sheet conundrum

Is it my imagination, or have we only kept a clean sheet when Brown has worn the 2nd choice pink & blue shirt. From my aged memory we have conceded in every game whilst his chest has been adorned with that migrane inducing kaleidoscope number?

Comments

• You could well be right, and it's nice to believe in such superstition.

The reason we can't keep many clean-sheets, however, is that we constantly swap the CB partnership, we've got full-backs bombing forward, one defensively minded midfielder who still likes to charge all over the place, and - although he can be a good shot stopper - Brown isn't a great keeper.

• We are also being more positive in attacking with more pace so the defenders are getting less support. Personally I would much rather see us winning or losing 3-2 than the 1-0 and 0-0 bores that we suffered last season.

• edited September 2017

We are also being more positive in attacking with pace so the defenders are getting less support. Personally I would much rather see us winning or losing 3-2 than the 1-0 and 0-0 bores that we suffered last season.

• I make it:
    Yellow Goalkeeping Kit
    Played 8 - Won 4 - Drawn 1 - Lost 3 - Conceded 21
    Pink Goalkeeping Kit
    Played 4 - Won 1 - Drawn 2 - Lost 1 - Conceded 3

• yellow kit worth 0.4pts per game more than the pink then. Difference between promotion and relegation struggle.....

• edited September 2017

Also:

Games against league 2 sides
    Played 10 - Won 5 - Drawn 3 - Lost 2 - Conceded 16

Games against Championship or League 1 sides
    Played 2 - Won 0 - Drawn 0 - Lost 2 - Conceded 7

So best avoid playing any more Championship/ League 1 teams if we want promotion this year.

• Also

games where we have scored more goals than the opposition

Played 5 won 5 drew 0 lost 0

games where we haven't

Played 5 won 0 drew 2 lost 3

Pretty obvious then we should score more goals than them every game if we want promotion. Cant see why ainsworth hasn't spotted this yet.

• Far more importantly;

Games played on 'Wanderer' release days (since start of 16/17 season)

Played 5 Won 4 Drawn 1 Lost 0 Scored 9 Conceded 4

So make sure you pick up your copy before the Crawley game on November 18th!

• I'm with @mooneyman winning 3 -2 every game or even drawing and losing when we play positive attacking football is bearable. The Lincoln game was gutting because we were the best team for 87 minutes (whatever N Jones says).

• I presume you mean the Luton game @Wendoverman, as you reference Nathan Jones.

• edited September 2017

ah yes...got me L's mixed up. Thanks for clearing that one up.

• Back to my original point. Yet again we concede whilst Brown wears the yellow shirt!

• Slightly off-topic. I have often thought that at least one of our players has an issue with his colour vision/perception. It was apparent to me that Bean had difficulty seeing the colour blue, particularly when different shades of blue where mixed in say a quartered fashion. His passing had, at least until recently, suggested that all other Wycombe players were virtually invisible to him. Fortunately this apparent impairment seems to have been (no pun intended) rectified, either by:-

a] Surgical Treatment / Therapy
    b] Use of correctional Contact Lenses
    or
    c] . A damn good talking too.

• An original and interesting insight (pun intended) HomerLone.

• I bring this point to the fore again, however, yet again a clean sheet whilst Brown is wearing the pink kit. Hasn't kept the ball out of the net in a league game whilst wearing the kaleidoscope number!

• Yes that must be it.

• On the flip side of course, we haven't scored in any of the pink outfit outings either. Is this going to become a "Spurs not winning goal at Wembley" parable?

• Yellow shirt again last night. This has to be more than a conspiracy theory now.

• I should have asked, before buying my Swindon Town tickets for Saturday, which kit Brown would be wearing for the game. It could have effected my decision?

• On the plus side, the kaleidoscope kit did seem to attract the attention of the Carlisle centre-half, thus leaving PCH free to equalise.

• Perhaps the baby pink bring some out protective instincts in the team meaning we press less and defend more? The converse with the yellow, they shie away and head up field.

• Whilst statistics don't always tell the real story, Marcus Bean has started 7 league games and we have conceded 7 goals. The seven games he didn't start we have conceded 14 goals.

• Who would you drop for him on Saturday?

• I think the bloody awful defending for the first and third goals probably has more to do with it than the yellow abomination.

• Saunders purely on the basis that he probably hasn't got the legs to play two games in a week.

• Good shout, especially as he failed a fitness test before the Exeter game. Nice to have him available from the bench, though.

• I would love to see an O'Nien, Saunders, Eze combination. Wishful thinking? Not under the new All-Out Attack Gaz.

• So many attacking players are on such terrific form. It is nice for GA to have these kind of difficult decisions to make!

• Am surprised Gareth, who seems a man who will take any steps to benefit us, hasn't picked up on the goalkeeping shirt thing yet.

A lot of managers are big on superstition, MON wouldn't stay at a hotel again if we'd lost after staying there

• Repeat: Back to my original point. Yet again we concede whilst Brown wears the yellow shirt!