Skip to content

Comments

• Good report, thanks - although I would have given MotM to Tyson without whom we may have been looking at nul points rather than 3. Bean was excellent though, bar the odd random 50p-head moment.

• Yeah, I thought Tyson was MOTM as well

All very exciting. We've got as much attacking talent as we've had for many a season. Already really looking forward to Saturday

• Controversial as there are many hundreds of goals to choose from, but that Tyson strike is up there with favourite Wycombe goals I have seen live.

• The context of the match having just equalised in the 88th minute
    • What was at stake
    • The way he drives so purposefully at their right back (who just doesn't know what to do)
    • The ball still rising as it hits the net

It's an absolute screamer. I've seen a couple of comments saying that goalie shouldn't be beaten at his near post but I think that's very harsh. It's a blistering strike.

Funny old game football. Played 17 games for Kilmarnock up in Scotland and couldn't score, comes back to us where he had a great spell in years gone by and the magic returns.

• JJ timewasting? I thought the delay was due to a Crewe Sub, although JJ had the ball Crewe were not ready to restart.

• I was one of those who speculated last night that the keeper might be disappointed to be beaten at the near post. Having seen the highlights now, I agree: absolute screamer!

• Tyson didn't have someone like the Beast along side him at Kilmarnock. The latters vital importance is shown by the fact that our goals completely dried up when he was out injured.

• Thanks for the report, @Vital. A particularly fine record of events if I may say so. In the excitement of the finish, I had completely forgotten the bizarre end to the first half. As I recall, play was stopped for Scarr's injury at almost the exact moment that 45 minutes was up and the 4th official put up the sign to show two extra minutes. Once he was up again, throw-in taken and put immediately out of play. Whistle for half-time. Total additional time played: about one and a half seconds!

• I think that may've had something to do with their player punting it straight back out for a throw on, rather than return it to say Brown @HCblue.
    Saunders didn't seem to like this, and I think the ref just decided to blow for half-time to defuse the situation.

• Not really an acceptable resolution though. The referee essentially ignored the two minutes of overtime.

• Quite, @clifty04. I was initially surprised at what the Crewe player did but then wondered, when the ref blew for half-time, if the ref had indicated that it was going to be half-time anyway. It was certainly a really weird one and bizarre that the ref, without any doubt, played 0% of the 2 minutes of additional time.

• Even more bizarre was what happened when Scarr went down and was then substituted. The ball had gone out of play for a Crewe throw off of Eze as I recall, although there was a suggestion that it was a Wycombe throw.
    Anyway on the restart the Crewe player just threw it back to Harriman(?) as if we had put the ball out deliberately to stop the game. Which we so clearly had not.

• lets hope we don't see Mr Haines for another 6 years after that performance, abject to say the least.

• Forgot to say, anyone who gives DDH abuse for diving, but booed the ref for booking CMS last night is a massive hypocrite

I'm glad he was booked. I hate to see that from our players

• @eric_plant are we okay to still give DDH abuse for being a £&@€ though?

• I'd say it was compulsory