Skip to content

Nathan Tyson

Goal Of T he Season

Comments

• What a strike. Still rising as it hit the net. Going to be hard to top that.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rewatching the highlights it is noteworthy to see his reaction having scored, givin' it to the defender as if he had been goading him all night. Gave him the fire needed to scorch the net? #wondergoal

• He'd had words with the Crewe bench earlier as well, as I think he was getting a bit of rough treatment from their defence. I was in the corner at the final whistle and someone had a push at Bayo and turned to walk off...the Big Man at first looked like he was going to mix it, but then just ran after him laughing...which probably was more painful for the Railwayman than getting the People's elbow.

• edited September 2017

We must have been close to each other then, @Wendoverman , since i was in that corner and saw the same thing. I think the Crewe guy thought poorly of the expert timewasting that we ourselves had been complaining about when Crewe had been doing it ten minutes earlier.

Not only did Bayo laugh about it but he also gave the chap two or three hearty slaps on the back to show there were no hard feelings.

• @HCblue that's right...I'm sure it made him feel a whole lot better!
    I usually hit the corner for last minute equaliser/last minute winner/last minute moan of 'for ****'s sake'/a speedy getaway...

• Ditto. Except you're hitting from the Beachdean, I believe, and I from the terrace. Boy in the striped pyjamas stuff.

• with fewer Nazis. (slightly)

• While we're on the subject of Tyson, has anyone seen his interview from last night? I know people look younger as I get older but I'm really struggling to believe he's 35, he bears his age incredibly well. And to hear him say that he's only now beginning to feel he's getting his fitness back...

• edited September 2017

Look forward to re-watching the goals to see which was the better of the 2 goals.

Someone, maybe @Wendoverman , described Harriman's marvellously, mirroring my own view at the time, that "nooooo" was on my lips, as he shaped to strike it first time. 99/100 of those end up in the woods. But what a strike.

Tyson's too! You could feel we had the massive (sorry @micra) impetus, and for the first time this season, it felt like Tyson was getting the ball in positions he could run and do something effective.
    But what a hit.

Maybe he needs some goon right back to rile him every week!

I've seen some fans mock our OAP front line, but who on earth can match the quality and experience of our front 3!
    Paris has it all to do to get back into that three.

• As good as the last two goals were, lets not forget how well CMS did for the first. There have been many occasions when a player has hit the ball early and missed, lost out to the keeper, gone round the keeper and then been beaten by the defender, or just panicked and buggered it up! CMS kept his cool, rounded the keeper, kept control of the ball and then let the defender commit himself before blasting the ball gently into the net from all of six inches. What a strike!

If he hadn't scored on Saturday, would he have had the same level of confidence?

• Harriman did excellently to keep his shot down

But no competition for me. Tyson's goal hands down.

Love the way he drives at the defender and then just arrows in that rising shot. Nearly 24 hours later and I am still replaying it over and over. Perhaps I need to just get a life.

• CMS' goal looks quicker on a replay then it felt at the time! It felt like he was risking taking too long, but upon watching the defender was all at sea and it was very comfortably done. He's a quality finisher as his highlight reel shows, and we're starting to see that now in the flesh

Harriman did do excellently to keep that not just down, but on the floor too! Precision!

Tyson's has to be the standout though. Gains for being the winner on top.

• Did ainsworth have to carry Tyson away from there defender at the whistle I was down the other end and it looked like Tyson ran to the defender with his arms up?

• For him to remonstrate with him so heavily in the first half, and their manager, for him to shunt him after goal 2, then get right in his face after goal 3 and at full time, it must have been more than it looked at the time! Which was taking him out off the ball and landing on him.

• I think there was a definate feeling of justice done for some of our boys out there. @Malone I was convinced Harri was about to send it out of the ground. What a strike!

• Speaking of their Number 2 (Ng I think) and his seemingly ongoing feud with Tyson throughout the game, did anybody spot his inability of taking a throw in?
    I believe he gave away a foul throw in the 1st half, and then in the 2nd he took one where his trailing foot was a good couple of feet off the ground. Somehow, nothing was given in this instance. I've not seen a throw in like since u7s football.

• I constantly remember foul throws being given at the lowest level (ie the rye) when i played.
    But very few refs give them in the pro game, because it's a bit embarrasing isn't it!

Having said that though, they'd be giving 10 pens a game, and 100s more freekicks on the park for all the holding and jostling

• I thought it highly ironic that he gave a foul throw for a foot off the ground when players routinely steal ten metres or more when taking the throw.

• Their thug of a manager went spare when the foul throw was given away , demonstrating what had happened to his bench, delighted to see him go mental with his own players - he was loosing it with everyone, indeed his post match 'we were the better side' comments suggest he was having some kind of breakdown !

• Everyone wants their manager to show "passion", but it has to be vaguely under control or you just decend into moron territory. Their guy definitely got there on Tuesday.

Yes we scored late and turned the game on its head, but they didn't even slightly deserve the win based on the flow of the game. It would definitely have been one of those how did we lose this headscratcher type fare.

• Him and his coach were complaining about everything in higher and higher pitched voices...which I must admit I always find entertaining. to be fair he was having some light-hearted banter with the fans behind the dug-out it seemed...

• I think I'm missing a lot of interesting stuff from the dugouts sitting in the woodlands, what's the view like in the old main stand @Wendoverman ?

• @bigred87 said:
    I think I'm missing a lot of interesting stuff from the dugouts sitting in the woodlands, what's the view like in the old main stand Wendoverman ?

Back row of Beachdean is ok, close to action just high enough to see pattern of game, you can stand up as well, change ends at half time, stand on the rail if it all gets a bit tasty, almost like being back at Loakes Park. I've always found Woodlands a little soulless and too grand for a league two ground.

• But noone sings in the Beechdean plus Gareth and the tights wearer can be very distracting with their bullying of the fourth official.

• The Crewe manager was quite funny and indeed did share some banter with we supporters standing near the away team dugout. He was a decent chap and actually said it was a nightmare being a manager, especially when you lose 5-0.
    He was obviously highly charged and continuously challenged the ref,linesman and fourth official but what manager doesn’t? We can’t really slag these guys off as our very own ‘Man in tights’ is an absolute idiot on the sideline.

• @bigred87 I stand at the back of the beech dean and like it, good view of the pitch and that and though i shout a bit i do not sing or insult the players/management so not a true fan.

• I agree @Blue_since_1990 I like to see a manager giving it some welly! Are you there when n Jones got shirty with the fans by the dugout? If so I would be interested to know what was said.

• Jones was stating that diving Danny Hilton was the best player in Div 2 and that we played rubbish football. We obviously didn’t agree and he started getting stroppy. We told him to clam down and behave like a real manager. There were Luton fans near us who took offence to us challenging Jones about his conduct.
    Although many on here pretty much see him as a villain, one of the best assistant managers to come to AP is Ken McKenna, we always have a good chat with Ken about the old times when he came up against Creaser and Kerr. Bentley is also a real nice bloke.

• Calm not clam.