Skip to content

Crewe - score prediction

edited September 2017 in Football

The pre-match handshakes are carried out in a style designed to express solidarity with our American footballing cousins. Both teams pass down the lines on their knees with their arms linked. What would itself have been a longer than usual process is drawn out further by the fact that the owners of both clubs, including all 4,000 Wycombe owners present, join the players to support their actions.

The game itself is uneventful, with some very fine people on both sides kicking each other up in the air for 45 minutes. At half-time, Prestwood Colts Under 8's have a penalty competition. After missing his attempt, seven year old Colin Kaepernick breaches footballing etiquette by congratulating the 'keeper on an excellent save. The Prestwood coach, seeing this from the other end of the pitch, screams at his assistants to "Get that son of a bitch off the field". Colin subsequently leaves the Colts but has difficulty in finding another club that will allow him to join.

In the second half, Crewe respond to a series of Wycombe high balls that get increasingly close to threatening their goal by sending their two front men to run menacingly across the edge of the Wycombe box without the ball. Fortunately, calm heads prevail and there is no outbreak of football.

0-0

Comments

• Meanwhile back on planet Earth...
    3-0 the Wanderers.

• Ah, but this is expressly not the Planet Earth thread...

• nor the Girls On Film thread, unless her name is Rio

• Hopefully we won't come undone tomorrow.

• And yes, I absolutely will be looking these up on Google.

• edited September 2017

And there will be no Careless Memories of last minute own goals

• Just hoping the boys get Serious once they're between the White Lines whilst still playing with the Pressure Off.

• What Are The Chances that The Big Thing will rise Like An Angel and power the Ball Of Confusion into the net to complete a drubbing of the Wild Boys of Crewe? GA will tell the fans that I Want To Take You Higher up the leagues in his post match interview which will be seen as his Finest Hour in front of the microphone. God (sorry Bayo) will say that he did it My Own Way and mutter a humble Thank You.

• Love a bit of humble mumble!

• edited September 2017

3-1

Beano gets his first goal. ( @bluntphil )

• edited September 2017

3 -2 we take an early lead, then against the run of play they get two back, before we equalise and then score the winner in the last few minutes of normal time. @bluntphil wears an unflattering gold and black tracksuit, Luke O'Nien fights with him in the commentary box....oh okay then.
    Alternatively 1 - 0 Akinfenwa

• Come off it @Wendoverman! It would never happen!

• It's not been 1-0 Akinfenwa yet much to my disappointment.

• It's also not yet been 8-8 much to mine.

• 9 - 8 would be nicer. Rock and Roll football. I'm away for the Barnet game so take heart from the fact that the last home league game I missed was Crewe last season.

• @Wendoverman I might have to reassess my attire. Unflattering gold and black tracksuit sounds positively Savile-esque

• Was a bit of a shocker that pic @bluntphil ! Go back to the furry parka we know & love. You never know, it could become as infamous as the Motty sheepskin?

• @bluntphil I saw you in back view (though did not realise who it was) before the game chatting to someone and even I, who my wife points out usually looks like I should be pushing my belongings through the town centre in a supermarket trolley, tutted and thought: 'You see some sights...' Then I saw the picture on the website...

• @Wendoverman I will up my sartorial game for Saturday.

@EwanHoosaami The furry parka can only be wheeled out when it starts to get cold, which is sadly not too far away now.

• Christmas is presumably as busy a time as any for East17 tribute act bookings as well

• @bluntphil sadly I will be missing Barnet, but hopefully Dan Brown's excellent footage of the eight goal win and your commentary will be on the website again with a photo of you in suitably elegant attire. Having said that...if we lose...it's the gold and black 'lucky' tracksuit for you for the rest of the season!