Skip to content

The Opposition View - Colchester

Comments

• Thanks @Vital, I could've read another hundred of those.

• "We should beat teams like Wycombe".

Really? Smaller attendances, similar sized town, reasonably similar levels of success over the last 20 years - what gives them the god given right to turn us, or indeed anyone else in this league over?

• Team of pensioners but first to the ball? Odd contradictions.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fancy suggesting we were time wasting!

• To be fair, many of the complaints are much the same as came from Wycombe fans last week. They lost a game they should have won.

It's a funny old game.

• Indeed, @bluenotes. I thought they had the better of the game to about the degree we did last week. Would you think that about right?

• Sounds fair to me. HC, but then I risk being accused of familial bias.

• edited September 2017

@bluenotes and @micra - I think you downplay the extent to which we dominated the first half last week. Luton didn't have a shot and a two goal lead at half time would have been more than reasonable on the balance of play.
    Colchester only had that level of imposition on the game for two patches of 10 minutes in the 2nd half, before they scored and around the 90 mins and we had it for the opening 5 minutes of both halves.
    Some might argue that Brown had to make some good saves, so be it, he was a good part of the team yesterday. That is the role of the keeper and part of what made us worth the win.
    If they did have the better of the game yesterday, their crowd was really really poor, with hardly a squeak from them for much of the 2nd half. Contrast that with the 2nd half at Adams Park last week.
    Don't be kind to Colchester - on a happy Sunday morning I think they didn't and don't deserve it.
    We had a large dose of misfortune last week, I am sure it will balance out over the season but yesterday was just a thimble full of nectar from lady luck.
    I am looking forward to the visit to Kenilworth Road after Christmas.

• edited September 2017

Sorry if I've given people the wrong impression. I was referring to the post match comments of the respective fans, rather than the details of the two matches.

I was not at the game yesterday, so at the moment my impression of the game is reliant on listening to the commentary, the post match reports and the stats (always useful for giving the wrong impression). I will be watching the full match later today on ifollow.

To be honest, for all of the dominance against Luton, I didn't feel that we tested their keeper much. I felt we deserved more from the Newport game. In any event, after three good displays with little reward, three points from yesterday is very welcome.

• Some very enjoyable reading there.

Is it just me or is the following statement completely non-sensical: "You will always create chances in this league. It's average at best."

• you surely can’t be expecting some logic and sense from someone who has chosen to support C*l U?