Skip to content

Great article on Ainsworth

2»

Comments

• Caber, pancake, coin, bouquet?

• Yes , Mooneyman - total tosser

• At least give him until the end of the season.

• Not sure towards whom you are addressing your childlike abuse @lordmelchester but it does seem a little out of keeping with your ennobled status.

• @fedup1980 said:
    Ainsworth is far from the best manager we've had here, I find his brand of football dull and horrendous to watch and as yet he hasn't actually achieved anything at the club. When they named a bus after him I laughed, we live in a society now where people worship anyone of note in the world of sport or celebrity and that gesture was truly laughable. Maybe if he gets us promoted then the whole bus naming debacle could be justified but I will Never be a fan of his style of play, regardless of where we end up

I just sense @fedup that you may not have witnessed too many of this season's sterling performances. Stirring, even,

• The "legacy" is clearly that we've gone from a club with a massive (sorry @Micra, for using that word) debt, leaking loads of money, to a much more sustainable model with debts very much under control.

That's a good piece of work.

• @Malone said:
    The "legacy" is clearly that we've gone from a club with a massive (sorry Micra, for using that word) debt, leaking loads of money, to a much more sustainable model with debts very much under control.

That's a good piece of work.

I don't think we can credit GA with all of that - however he has done his part on the field while those off it (Howard perhaps instrumental here) have been able to do their parts off it.

This is the backdrop GA has had to work with while learning his trade which, for me, marks him out as someone with a terrific future.