Skip to content

Shots on goal

I went back and looked at all shots taken in Wycombe games so far (because I am an interesting and enlightened human being and have many things to do with my time) and they do illustrate just how unlucky we have been so far. We have outshot every team, and overall the tally is a whopping 105-74. A couple of teams outdid us for shots on target by a single shot, but the overall tally for shots on target is still is 41-31 in our favor. Actual goals is 14 for and 13 against, so we are scoring on 13% of our shots and 34% of our shots on target, while opponents are scoring 18% of their shots and 42% of their shots on target.

Though there are criticisms to be made, I still feel we could have won every game, and there is not a single game that we categorically deserved to lose. To be on 12 points when we could be up there with Exeter feels like a heavy dose of bad luck, mixed in with the other factors.

Comments

• It has been disappointing, especially this last 3 games where we would've had 9 points with any luck. Southwell and CMS in particular have not made the most of some pretty glaring and important chances.

• Goal line clearances, spectacular saves, poor finishing, and a dose of just plain bad luck. I really feel we should be up in 2nd based on how we have played...and we are 12th.